Psience Quest

Full Version: Commentary thread for tim's "NDE's" thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
(2018-10-29, 03:02 PM)Raimo Wrote: [ -> ]
12 years ago I had serious questions about my spiritual path. One night I thought intensively about this question. When I went to sleep, I asked this question from Ukko, the most significant God of Finnish mythology. That night I had an extraordinary dream in which I received a clear answer to my question.

3 years ago during a stomach flu and high fever I saw a vision which reinforced my view that I'm on a right path.

I don't claim that I literally got an answer from Ukko. Perhaps that dream originated from my subconscious. Anyway, I got an answer, and the precognitive parts of that dream and that vision happened later.

What was the answer? 42?  LOL
Raimo, in case you’re baffled.

“In the radio series and the first novel, a group of hyper-intelligent pan-dimensional beings demand to learn the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything from the supercomputer, Deep Thought, specially built for this purpose. It takes Deep Thought 7½ million years to compute and check the answer, which turns out to be 42. Deep Thought points out that the answer seems meaningless because the beings who instructed it never actually knew what the Question was.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrases_...the_Galaxy
(2018-10-29, 01:51 PM)Stan Woolley Wrote: [ -> ]Actually I think they’re all important, thinking about serious problems, being joyous, being light hearted, being down etc, they’re all part of life’s rich tapestry. Imo the reality of living in this day and age means that it’s inevitable to get involved with life’s darker side to some degree. What’s important to me is that we stay conscious while doing so. In other words don’t let the ego take control.

I consider myself fortunate to be able to get down for a couple of days, but more often than not, I find myself in a good mood. I enjoy memories from my past, music from anytime, little amusing things, reading these posts etc. However I think that being happy all the time would (probably)be impossible for me unless I were to ignore the suffering in the world. Being ignorant is not my way, trying to get fully informed, the way the Jesus seems to have been, is what I would say is a worthwhile target.
I definitely was not advocating 'being happy all the time' - that sounds almost like a type of insanity, rather than what I was trying to convey. For me, it's more a matter of where I choose to invest my thoughts with energy. I consider that our thoughts have creative force, and that therefore we need to take responsibility for how we use that capability.

Having said that, I'm not really trying to convince you of anything, it's more a matter of trying to be understood, rather than trying to change other people. We are all different and most certainly we cannot try to shoe-horn ourselves into the path of another person. We each tread our own path.
(2018-10-29, 04:22 PM)Typoz Wrote: [ -> ]I definitely was not advocating 'being happy all the time' - that sounds almost like a type of insanity, rather than what I was trying to convey. For me, it's more a matter of where I choose to invest my thoughts with energy. I consider that our thoughts have creative force, and that therefore we need to take responsibility for how we use that capability.

Having said that, I'm not really trying to convince you of anything, it's more a matter of trying to be understood, rather than trying to change other people. We are all different and most certainly we cannot try to shoe-horn ourselves into the path of another person. We each tread our own path.

I was thinking about people in films like Forrest Gump or an old film with the young girl who’s name I can’t remember, who never seem anything but happy. The girl converted everyone in the town, even the grumpiest members because she was always upbeat no matter what. She was blond and probably a well known young actress. It’s bugging me that I can’t remember what it’s called! 

Yes, we do indeed tread a solitary path.
(2018-10-29, 06:08 PM)Stan Woolley Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking about people in films like Forrest Gump or an old film with the young girl who’s name I can’t remember, who never seem anything but happy. The girl converted everyone in the town, even the grumpiest members because she was always upbeat no matter what. She was blond and probably a well known young actress. It’s bugging me that I can’t remember what it’s called! 

Yes, we do indeed tread a solitary path.

Pollyanna, Hayley Mills, I guess?
(2018-10-29, 06:33 PM)Typoz Wrote: [ -> ]Pollyanna, Hayley Mills, I guess?

You’re a star!  Thumbs Up
(2018-10-29, 03:21 PM)Stan Woolley Wrote: [ -> ]What was the answer? 42?  LOL

The answer was essentially that I was on a right path. I ascended to the light and I was shown what I should do with my life.

Regardless of the origin of that dream, I think that one could benefit from keeping a dream journal, meditating, contemplating these things etc. I believe that answers to these questions are available, and the dream which Typoz mentioned in this thread is another example of this.
(2018-10-29, 06:36 PM)Stan Woolley Wrote: [ -> ]You’re a star!  Thumbs Up

I might add that that wasn't what I was trying to express at all. My idea was simply to take life a little less seriously, not go round saying "I'm so glad!" every five minutes. Smile
(2018-10-29, 06:33 PM)Typoz Wrote: [ -> ]Pollyanna, Hayley Mills, I guess?

Heh, I was thinking of Happy-Go-Lucky with Sally Hawkins.
(2018-10-30, 09:12 AM)Typoz Wrote: [ -> ]I might add that that wasn't what I was trying to express at all. My idea was simply to take life a little less seriously, not go round saying "I'm so glad!" every five minutes. Smile

Totally understood.

Given the choice I’d probably prefer to spend time with the rather unbelievably positive Pollyanna rather than the quite believable Eeyore, the depressed donkey. In my world there’s a hell of a lot more Eeyore’s than there are Pollyanna’s. 

They say we’re not forced to come back here. At this point I’d say that’s a good thing.  Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40