Latest Updated Threads

 | Latest Created Threads

| External Feeds

Synchronicities


Members' general personal experiences    1 Replies

Brian, 2017-08-18, 12:30 PM

I started a thread on Skeptiko about synchronicities and it proved quite popular so I thought I would start it again here.  This was my opening thread:

[color=#141414][size=small]I wanted to start a personal synchronicities thread because I have just been

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

A spooky poke in the arm


Members' general personal experiences    1 Replies

Brian, 2017-08-18, 12:24 PM

I copied this over from Skeptiko.  It happened many years ago when I lived in England.

[quote]
[size=small]OK, here goes...
It was 1998 and I had separated from my first wife and moved into a bedsit. The house was quite old and there were three other people living there. I lived downstairs next

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

sense of vision


Reincarnation forum    6 Replies

jkmac, 2017-08-18, 10:18 AM

In the 1981 Peter Ramster documentary located in this subsection, a female subject was regressed back to a previous life in Germany. There are lots of evidential pieces to the story, but the one I wanted to focus on here has to do with whether she needs to use her glasses to see.

As background- m

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Mass Hysteria


General off-topic forum    5 Replies

Jim_Smith, 2017-08-17, 10:18 PM

Mass hysteria is sometimes used by skeptics to explain belief in paranormal phenomenon. Here is an article that discusses the phenomenon. (The article uses an example from the current political situation in the US. I hope people don't think I am trying to sneak in a political discussion ... I have t

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Trees with “Crown Shyness” Mysteriously Avoid Touching Each Other


Skeptic vs. proponent discussion    68 Replies

Sci, 2017-08-17, 09:23 PM

Trees with “Crown Shyness” Mysteriously Avoid Touching Each Other

[quote]
[color=#000000][size=medium][font="Fakt, AvenirNext-Medium,"][font="Tiempos, Georgia, serif"]If you look up to

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

The Challenges of a Heterdox Real


Spirituality and magic forum: science and practice    2 Replies

Sci, 2017-08-17, 07:27 PM

Just something I've been pondering...how do we deal with intermittently replicable phenomenon & how do we know when we are being deceived by forces capable of manipulating reality?

Something Gordon White said (quoted?) stuck with me - [size=small][i]"Maybe the

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Strange glitch


Feedback and announcements    21 Replies

Chris, 2017-08-17, 04:56 PM

I just tried to post on the interview thread. Instead of the post appearing I was taken back to the first page of the thread. I tried again but was told I'd already posted it. I posted a slightly different version, and then the original appeared together with the second version. I deleted the second

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Planning posts split from Psience Quest Interview No. 1: Titus Rivas


Interview planning    10 Replies

Vortex, 2017-08-17, 03:16 PM

Titus Rivas has agreed to the written interview.

It will take a form of a repeated e-mail exchange - first we formulate a set of questions, which I will send to Titus to answer. Then he provides the answers and they are published, we can formulate the reply and let Titus respond.

If such forma

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Hello, Great Work & a big Thank You!!


Member introductions    2 Replies

manjit, 2017-08-17, 11:24 AM

Hello everybody,

Wow - excellent, really pleased to see this place up and running.  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Thank you so, so much to Ian, Typoz, Steve and others for taking the time and effort for directing me to this new forum - old link on phone and other devices has been deleted and replaced with

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

MYSTICAL MEANING of the HEBREW ALPHABET


Consciousness science forum    No Replies

hypermagda, 2017-08-17, 09:48 AM

For those interested in Jewish mysticism.
Very pedagogical and accessible. Part 1 of 4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBy71RLx8xQ


  Open Thread