Latest Updated Threads

 | Latest Created Threads

| External Feeds

Hi, another lurker from the Skeptiko Forum


Member introductions    1 Replies

MCat, 2017-08-17, 08:06 AM

Hi, 

I just wanted to wish the new forum all the best. I've been following the Skeptiko forums for some time and was a bit shocked to see the proposed closure of most of the forum there as I've always enjoyed reading the discussions. I'm not so confident about expressing my personal perspectives

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Is the polls feature working?


Feedback and announcements    1 Replies

Jim_Smith, 2017-08-17, 06:13 AM

Is the polls feature working? I checked the box to create a poll in a new thread but I didn't see any way to input the questions. What is supposed to happen? I use an old browser so it could be a problem with that.


  Open Thread

After a half-century of attempts, psilocybin has finally been synthesized in the lab


General off-topic forum    2 Replies

Jim_Smith, 2017-08-17, 06:11 AM

After a half-century of attempts, psilocybin has finally been synthesized in the lab
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2017-08-h...n-lab.html


  Open Thread

Hi


Member introductions    1 Replies

remiel6, 2017-08-17, 01:50 AM

Same username, don't remember if I ever explained it before. Strange thing I use virtually the same username on all forums if available. So if you see it used somewhere else, its probably me. 

I'm the dream guy, I can reexplain if I have to. 

thanks for the invite.


  Open Thread

Reincarnation Cases


Reincarnation forum    149 Replies

Dante, 2017-08-17, 01:44 AM

Hey everyone. So, this is a post I made on Skeptiko a couple months back for Paul. I was waiting for him to respond to me in order to assess/analyze the case, and tell me what he thought, but he never got back to me.

Here's the case:

[quote]
[size=small]Here is one I've typed out, from Dr. Tucker'

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Robert Anton Wilson


Consciousness science forum    8 Replies

Brian, 2017-08-16, 08:32 PM

Prometheus Rising by Robert Anton Wilson is for those interested in doing some personal consciousness experiments. You can get it here: http://www.whale.to/c/Prometheus Rising.pdf

Here is a small taste:

[

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

My intro and hello


Member introductions    No Replies

Steve from ABQ, 2017-08-16, 08:26 PM

I'm a fairly long follower of Alex's podcast and signed up for Skeptiko Forum not long ago. Love NDE and OBE stories, consciousness research and the general history of religious/mystical experience of us humans. I like Chinese stuff like the I Ching, Taoism etc. Also like Kabbalah. Oh yeah, ancient

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Rabbit Holes and the dangers of feeding Hungry Ghosts


Spirituality and magic forum: science and practice    5 Replies

k9!, 2017-08-16, 04:16 PM

It seems to me that having anomalous experiences is not without some risk. For instance, NDErs have very high divorce rates because such experiences change who you are at the core in a very significant way and one's spouse either embraces the new you or they don't.

Just having an interest in the

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Purpose of Skeptic vs Proponent Discussions Forum


Feedback and announcements    45 Replies

Chris, 2017-08-16, 07:54 AM

Could I ask what purpose people feel the Skeptic vs Proponent Discussions Forum should serve?

I thought the reason for the corresponding forum at Skeptiko was that sceptics weren't encouraged to post in some other parts of the site. I hope everyone is allowed to post everywhere here. Also, very f

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

What are you listening to?


General off-topic forum    456 Replies

Sci, 2017-08-16, 07:35 AM




  Open Thread