Latest Updated Threads

 | Latest Created Threads

| External Feeds

Manamana


General off-topic forum    3 Replies

Jim_Smith, 2017-08-19, 10:25 AM




  Open Thread

The evolution of creativity and the creativity of evolution


Connected science forum (evolution, ID, cosmology, fine-tuning, quantum mechanics)    No Replies

Sci, 2017-08-19, 05:06 AM

The evolution of creativity and the creativity of evolution


[quote]
Much like creativity used to be the province of the lone genius, enlightenment was t

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

HI


Member introductions    7 Replies

Monad, 2017-08-19, 12:14 AM

Hello All,

I am the Skeptiko poster formerly known as John Maguire. For a short time I was editing/producing some of Alex's shows, and helped administer the forums a bit too. I also contributed & co-edited 'Why Science Is Wrong'. It was a real honor for me to work with Alex personally, and suppor

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

How I Freed My Mind From The Cult of Materialism


Spirituality and magic forum: science and practice    6 Replies

Sci, 2017-08-18, 11:17 PM

How I Freed My Mind From The Cult of Materialism

[quote]
[size=large][font="Merriweather"]It is a curious fact that we have successfully u

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

The Zombie Enlightenment - How Materialism make a lie out of Humanist Achievement


Skeptic vs. proponent discussion    No Replies

Sci, 2017-08-18, 10:52 PM

The Zombie Enlightenment | Three Pound Brain


[quote]
[font="Palatino,"]But if we set aside our traditional fetish for ‘reason’ and think of post-Medieval European society [i]as a kind of information processing system[

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

True Crime Podcasts


General off-topic forum    14 Replies

chuck, 2017-08-18, 10:16 PM

Anyone else addicted to the gruesome nature of the true crime podcast? There are so many!


  Open Thread

Alerts


Feedback and announcements    7 Replies

E. Flowers, 2017-08-18, 08:43 PM

I am only getting these when someone likes a comment... Is there some way to activate the feature so that it also works when someone responds to a thread in which I'm active? I know that Skeptiko automatically 'followed' a thread as soon as one posted, but that does not appear to be the case here.


  Open Thread

Quote Levels on Threads


Feedback and announcements    5 Replies

chuck, 2017-08-18, 08:17 PM

Can we trim it back so only that last quote is included with no nesting?


  Open Thread

Stupid Chicken


General off-topic forum    2 Replies

Jim_Smith, 2017-08-18, 02:29 PM




  Open Thread

Lucid dream experiences


Members' general personal experiences    24 Replies

Brian, 2017-08-18, 12:34 PM

I am interested in hearing about dreams people have had where they knew they were dreaming and were able to control the dream to some degree.

[color=#141414][size=small]I have had a number of dreams where for a brief second I knew I was dreaming but I dri

» READ MORE


  Open Thread