Latest Updated Threads

 | Latest Created Threads

| External Feeds

Hello all.


Member introductions    2 Replies

darkcheese, 2018-01-18, 04:16 AM

Glad to be here. I had a very very brief stint on the skeptiko forums. 

You all have a lot to teach me. Hopefully, it will be reciprocated.


  Open Thread

Waking up in different 'reality'


Out-of-body experience (OBE), astral travel, and lucid dream forum    15 Replies

diverdown, 2018-01-17, 10:45 PM

Has anyone ever experienced this?

I had a dream about a week and a half ago, can't remember exactly what it was, but when I woke up, I felt like I was really in a different 'me', than the guy who'd gone to sleep the previous night. My reactions to things were not what I'd been consciously trying to

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Medium (Tyler Henry) Reduces Skeptical Young Men to Tears


Afterlife contact forum (deathbed visions, ADC, mediumship)    12 Replies

Pssst, 2018-01-17, 10:27 PM

I get great joy in watching the lights go on especially if the dim bulbs are inside young, skeptical souls. Tongue Here are the Try Guys, all cocky and sure of themselves, and Tyler Henry handing them their comeuppance.

20m, worth the watch.


[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lADBzq

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

False Hawaii Ballistic Missile Alert


UFO/UAP forum    No Replies

Pssst, 2018-01-17, 10:14 PM

FYI I'm not interested in the details of this suspicious possible false flag, not the remarkable coincidence of NBC being in the exact bunker where the false alert originated - only 24 hours prior Huh - or this follow-on 16 Jan 17.

[url=http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/16/asia/japan-false-missile-al

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Michael Grosso's possible visit from his dead brother


Afterlife contact forum (deathbed visions, ADC, mediumship)    No Replies

Doug, 2018-01-17, 10:04 PM

Author Michael Grosso has recently posted an interesting hypnagogic experience involving his dead brother:

[size=small]Over lunch with several colleagues, we talked about a phenomenon noted by Andreas Mavromatis in his book Hypnagogia, the twilight state between waking and sleeping. (We’ve

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Late greetings!


Member introductions    1 Replies

Valmar, 2018-01-17, 11:06 AM

Greetings PsiQuest!

I've already made some posts here and there, but felt slightly shy about making an introductory post.

I find the nature of consciousness, psychedelics, psychic abilities, NDEs, OBEs, and other spiritual experiences to be most fascinating, because to any truly logical and ra

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Oprah Winfrey's promotion of "magical thinking"


General off-topic forum    8 Replies

Chris, 2018-01-17, 08:41 AM

Courtesy of the Daily Grail, here's a Slate article expressing qualms about the prospect of Oprah Winfrey seeking the US presidency, because "Perhaps more than any other single American, she is responsible for giving national platforms and legitimacy to all sorts of magical thinking, from pseudoscie

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

To NDE or not to NDE (re-done)


Skeptic vs. proponent discussion    93 Replies

Desperado, 2018-01-16, 09:08 AM

To start out, my apologies here. I started a thread with the same intent and name as this one in the Extended Consciousness section of the forum, totally unaware that the member whose ideas I was challenging or hoping to start discussion over couldn't post in it. Whoops :Surprise
Originally Laird

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

A Critical Analysis of the Mirror Self-Recognition Test


Consciousness science forum    No Replies

Valmar, 2018-01-15, 09:15 AM

Behind free login-wall, but an interesting critique of the mirror "self-recognition" test, nevertheless:

A Critical Analysis of the Mirror Self-Recognition Test
by Zach Parton

https://www.academia.edu/2525451/A_Criti...ition_Test


  Open Thread

Anaesthesia and the soul


Consciousness science forum    10 Replies

Desperado, 2018-01-15, 08:18 AM

http://www.anesthesiaweb.org/anesthesia-...e-soul.php


I was reading a thread from about a month ago here about anesthesia and consciousness, and in a search for some dualist interpretations of the idea (I'm more of an idealist), I came across this article. Took me a second to realize from th

» READ MORE


  Open Thread