Latest Updated Threads

 | Latest Created Threads

| External Feeds

Article ~ Why the Miller–Urey Research Argues Against Abiogenesis


Connected science forum (evolution, ID, cosmology, fine-tuning, quantum mechanics)    101 Replies

Valmar, 2018-01-14, 02:35 PM

Why the Miller–Urey Research Argues Against Abiogenesis

https://answersingenesis.org/origin-of-l...iogenesis/


  Open Thread

Jello, not only a tasty dessert it's alive - well maybe.


Skeptic vs. proponent discussion    1 Replies

Steve001, 2018-01-12, 08:41 PM

Way back in 1969 and again in 1974 Dr. Adrian Upton hooked up an EEG machine to a bowl of Jello and got brain like brain waves.

[url=https://io9.gizmodo.com/5946010/why-you-cant-prove-that-jello-is-legally-brain-dead]https://io9.gizmodo.com/5946010/why-you-cant-prove-that-jello-is-legally-brain-d

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Terror Management Theory, Psychology, and Survival evidence


Connected science forum (evolution, ID, cosmology, fine-tuning, quantum mechanics)    6 Replies

Desperado, 2018-01-12, 11:09 AM

Long winded thread title yet again, but I was wondering if anybody is familiar with TMT (Terror Management Theory) in psychology? It's been quite the topic of debate and although it's had a lot of criticisms that I believe are well founded, it's still an interesting topic and does relate to survival

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

What podcasts do you listen to?


General off-topic forum    4 Replies

Ninshub, 2018-01-12, 03:29 AM

Does anyone here want to share the different podcasts they listen to, whether they're psi-related or not?

And I'm just curious to know if someone has so many podcasts they listen to weekly that listening to a week's releases basically covers all of their podcast-listening time? I.e. they never ha

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

The Interbrain


General off-topic forum    19 Replies

Chris, 2018-01-11, 09:00 AM

Courtesy of the SPR Facebook page, here's a report about a forthcoming book by Professor Digby Tantam of the University of Sheffield, about his theory that we are in continuous subliminal communication with the brains of people nearby, perhaps mediated by "a minute body odor release associated with

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Article: Fish Feel Pain. Now What?


Consciousness science forum    2 Replies

Valmar, 2018-01-10, 01:30 PM

Fish Feel Pain. Now What?

https://www.hakaimagazine.com/features/f...-now-what/


  Open Thread

Crazy desision to lock Epiphenomenon thread?


Feedback and announcements    3 Replies

Max_B, 2018-01-08, 06:07 PM

This forum was set up so we didn’t have such crazy decisions as we were getting on Skeptiko... hands off moderation I thought... yet here we are locking this thread... because... errr... for absolutel

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Susan Blackmore's accusations against Daryl Bem


Skeptic vs. proponent discussion    11 Replies

Chris, 2018-01-08, 03:59 PM

In a comment on [url=http://psience

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

PSI (or cognitive illusion?)


Psi research forum (ESP and psychokinesis)    9 Replies

Desperado, 2018-01-08, 08:58 AM

An evocative title for a thread, I know. But I'm just quoting the paper I'm including.

I'm no militant psi skeptic, however this paper has me stumped. It's apparently related to the Ganzfeld experiments. But that's where my understanding of it's relevancy goes. 

I talked to Dean Radin about it

» READ MORE



Attached Files
.pdf   786cb28a9f8a185490b1b78fa9dd4b2162c4.pdf (Size: 1.13 MB / Downloads: 7)

  Open Thread

The Past Life Story


Members' general personal experiences    10 Replies

Mediochre, 2018-01-08, 08:47 AM

This thread is the companion thread to: http://psiencequest.net/forums/thread-me...ap-s-story

I’ve been holding off writing about my alleged past life story because I know how crazy it’s going to sound and I didn’t know if I wanted to deal with the headache. I also didn’t know if

» READ MORE


  Open Thread