Latest Updated Threads

 | Latest Created Threads

| External Feeds

Is precognition the only form of psi?


Psi research forum (ESP and psychokinesis)    8 Replies

Desperado, 2018-02-18, 10:32 AM

I've heard two Skeptiko guests in the past, Eric Wargo and Ed May, both try to explain away at least some kinds of micro PK as being nothing but precognition. And both went further to imply that it could explain some survival evidence as well, but in the forum discussions that followed it's apparent

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Siberian poltergeist


Ghost, poltergeist, and spirit forum    1 Replies

Chris, 2018-02-16, 09:08 AM

Courtesy of the SPR, here's a report from the Moscow Times on a poltergeist case in a Siberian village, to which the police were called:
https://themoscowtimes.com/news/russian-...eist-60502

This report in the Siberian Times has pictures, and a copy of a "ch

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Demonic child?


General off-topic forum    2 Replies

Ninshub, 2018-02-16, 02:04 AM

... or useless parents?

In any event, a trip to hell guaranteed.




[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5391341/Passenger-films-toddlers-eight-hour-tantrum-flight.html]'Call an exorcist!' Traumatized plane passenger

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

New book, "Heavens on Earth", by Michael Shermer


Skeptic vs. proponent discussion    64 Replies

Chris, 2018-02-15, 10:22 AM

Published last month. The full title is "Heavens on Earth: The Scientific Search for the Afterlife, Immortality, and Utopia". Courtesy of the SPR Facebook page, here's a review by Wray Herbert in the Washington Post:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/i...denly-play

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Chess Match with the Dead


Afterlife contact forum (deathbed visions, ADC, mediumship)    5 Replies

Desperado, 2018-02-15, 08:34 AM

As crazy as I think the whole Super psi thing is, I came across this article on the SPR Facebook page: https://www.academia.edu/31084244/An_Alt...Chess_Game

In short it is related to a case of apparent channeli

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Sam Parnia in Newsweek article


Near-death experience (NDE) forum    28 Replies

Ninshub, 2018-02-14, 02:43 PM

Sam Parnia is quoted in this Newsweek article:

Where Do You Go When You Die? The Increasing Signs That Human Consciousness Remains After Death
by Kastalia Medrano


  Open Thread

Spatial Expansion


Members' general personal experiences    6 Replies

Will, 2018-02-13, 06:23 AM

This is the closest I've come to any paranormal experiences. It's rather mundane compared to some, but it happens with some regularity.

Normally, my sense of self; where "I" am located; is confined to my body. To be extremely precise, "I" seem to be inside of my head and between my eyes, with the

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Useful


General off-topic forum    47 Replies

fls, 2018-02-12, 02:38 PM

[quote='Valmar' pid='14436' dateline='1518091526']
*Sigh* You do realize that the use scientific method isn't restricted to, nor defined by, the dogmas of reductionist materialism / physicalism, right?

Parapsychology is a field that yields very useful results while adhering to the scientific met

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Out in the Open


General off-topic forum    No Replies

Desperado, 2018-02-10, 12:34 PM

Before I doze off for a bit, I'd like to say that, as much as we get pretty deep in certain discussions and take our stances, I must say we are lucky. Although I don't agree with everybody here, I do not think anybody I've witnessed here are fundamentalist in nature. Especially amongst the regulars.

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Cosmopsychism


Connected science forum (evolution, ID, cosmology, fine-tuning, quantum mechanics)    47 Replies

Ninshub, 2018-02-10, 12:08 AM

Is the Universe a conscious mind?
by Philip Goff
aeon.co

Cosmopsychism might seem crazy, but it provides a robust explanatory model for how the Universe became fine-tuned for life.



» READ MORE


  Open Thread