Hoping to draw more attention to this, but I've long pondered the use of "correlation" over "causation" in the case of discussing neuroscience, and the motives behind making such alternative explanations? One author seems to think it's almost out of desperation
On Skeptiko, dpdownsouth posted a link to a talk by Michael Cremo, a researcher inspired by the Hindu Puranas, about evidence of human existence far earlier than conventional archaeologists believe:
Anybody here familiar with Keith Augustine knows he has been debated heavily by NDE proponents everywhere, and even though he is one of the most well versed skeptics I've seen, his arguments still fall flat. But nonetheless, I found this quote interesting from him
[quote]
‘‘Rense Lange, Greyson, a
Always found the "life review" phenomenon in NDEs as being a definite anomaly in the experiences. Not as totally compelling as the more objective/paranormal happenings in these experiences, but nonetheless very intriguing. So far, this is the only thing close to a "skeptical" explanation I've seen g
Psi research forum (ESP and psychokinesis)
2 Replies
Chris, 2018-01-29, 10:08 AM
Courtesy of the SPR Facebook page, here's some information about a dream telepathy experiment which someone called Sarah Janes is organising for Wednesday night. She is planning to project a pre-determined image when (if?) she is lucid, and the idea is for other people to become lucid and pick it up
When reproducing on Psience Quest content from elsewhere, we need to be both courteous and law-abiding.
To be law-abiding means to respect copyright restrictions on the reproduction of the content of others, but beyond that, courtesy anyway suggests not reproducing significant portions of the wor
I was introduced to this idea originally by reading the thread posts of a former Skeptiko forum member, Sciborg, who I believe still posts around here. I genuinely enjoyed his stuff, and one particular idea he brought up really rang with me: the idea of there being a "trickster" nature to reality (e
Does anyone here know when the word Elohim in the bible was changed into the word God?
In the Masoretic Bible, that are written in hebrew, the words Jahveh and Elohim are used. This is known for a long time. Some parts of the bible speak more about Jahveh, that would be spelled JHVH, and sometime