Psience Quest

Full Version: The Skeptiko post-trauma thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Not sure if K9 is reading this thread. Just wanted to let them know that I had a very brief e-mail exchange with Alex and I apologized for shit-posting over the last week. I have no intentions of creating any more IDs at Skeptiko. Alex completely understood my frustration with the current state of the Skeptiko forum.

I always had a lot of respect for K9. I hate to think that my behavior on another forum would prevent them from being an active member at both forums. That we have a strong shared interest in the UFO phenomena makes me especially disappointed that they may not participate here. Maybe they will reconsider at some point in the future.

--Chuck
(2017-08-29, 02:58 PM)chuck Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if K9 is reading this thread. Just wanted to let them know that I had a very brief e-mail exchange with Alex and I apologized for shit-posting over the last week. I have no intentions of creating any more IDs at Skeptiko. Alex completely understood my frustration with the current state of the Skeptiko forum.

I always had a lot of respect for K9. I hate to think that my behavior on another forum would prevent them from being an active member at both forums. That we have a strong shared interest in the UFO phenomena makes me especially disappointed that they may not participate here. Maybe they will reconsider at some point in the future.

--Chuck

Is there anything you can tell us about what Alex completely understood ?
(2017-08-29, 03:13 PM)tim Wrote: [ -> ]Is there anything you can tell us about what Alex completely understood ?

LOL. He just said that he had "been there" with being very frustrated with the forum. It was the briefest of exchanges.
(2017-08-29, 03:16 PM)chuck Wrote: [ -> ]LOL. He just said that he had "been there" with being very frustrated with the forum. It was the briefest of exchanges.

Okay, thanks Chuck.
(2017-08-29, 03:05 AM)E. Flowers Wrote: [ -> ]Evening, doctor.

Take your blouse off, nurse.
(2017-08-29, 04:20 PM)Pssst Wrote: [ -> ]Take your blouse off, nurse.

LOL. Just trying to do the right thing by everyone.
(2017-08-29, 08:02 AM)Brian Wrote: [ -> ]Oi !!! Dodgy

Sci prefers Adam Sandler movies Wink
(2017-08-27, 11:45 AM)E. Flowers Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is... That it's not over yet. We are still receiving people that we knew at Skeptiko and who are being banned. The attitude adopted by David here doesn't help either.

Hey - lets get this straight. I have banned one or two newcomers who seemed to have joined SKEPTIKO to play about. If they were SKEPTIKO regulars, then they had used a different pseudonym to cause trouble.

There is no sense in whipping up antipathy between this forum and SKEPTIKO.

One of the main points at issue, was that Alex felt that various conspiracy theories were worthy of exploration, and some of the people here did not. However, bizarrely enough, this forum is running a pole to decide if conspiracy theories should be discussed here too - last time I looked, 'yes' was ahead! Actually I'd probably vote 'No' if I could be bothered, because I think they cause a lot of trouble.

We don't need to behave like politicians - we can realise how much we really have in common!

David
I'm determined to keep things positive, so I will wait for someone else to chime in.
I'd say Alex figuratively hooked himself up to an IV of Kool Aid, not just that he took an interest in CTs. He supported, at least tacitly, outright dismissal of criticism and supported poor evidence - what else do you call claims of proof derived from Google Image Search? - to the point of swallowing a story where someone claimed to have witnessed the crimes via an OBE.

The disagreement was not simply along the lines of PK lab research or Philosophy of Consciousness, but his inability to take criticism that was incredibly mild compared to the accusations he was making sans evidence against others. And at least from me that criticism came after repeatedly mentioning the moral failure of accusing Lt. Aquino and others of crimes without evidence and not bothering with - AFAIK - the request to have Lt. Aquino on the show to defend himself.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21