Psience Quest

Full Version: The Skeptiko post-trauma thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
(2017-09-09, 03:02 PM)Doppelgänger Wrote: [ -> ]Well, it was his forum and his podcast, and he did all the interviews, etc. I guess he never cared about the forum, I suppose. I just had a problem with the way he dismissed it.

I hated when Andy would wipe out whole threads as a mod. But what about Craig? Smile

At least that was a fun ride?!

"But what about Craig?"

I think I must have been absent during his reign. Was it good...or not good?
(2017-09-09, 03:28 PM)tim Wrote: [ -> ]"But what about Craig?"

Insanely short and insane. Then left to become a famous comedian. He's got talent!!!!
(2017-09-09, 03:42 PM)Max_B Wrote: [ -> ]That sepia toned avatar photograph of AP on SF... that spoke volumes to me... Dodgy

Identifies as Western European. LOL.

Chris

(2017-09-09, 03:40 PM)chuck Wrote: [ -> ]Insanely short and insane. Then left to become a famous comedian. He's got talent!!!!

I was going to say his psi blog is still active, though having checked it seems like periodic bursts of life, the last one being in April:
https://weilerpsiblog.wordpress.com/
(2017-09-09, 03:28 PM)tim Wrote: [ -> ]"But what about Craig?"

Well, let's just say that Craig Weiler's stint on as a moderator was... interesting.
(2017-09-09, 03:59 PM)Doppelgänger Wrote: [ -> ]Well, let's just say that Craig Weiler's stint on as a moderator was... interesting.

But otherwise a good fellow and frequent poster back in "the day."
I'd also put my vote in for somehow trying to mirror the forum content.

I'll probably reconstruct the Resource Threads naturally, but I was thinking it might be more organic to post some of the articles/essays/etc in their own threads to let there be more discussion.

Glad to see Craig is still fighting the good fight.
(2017-09-09, 03:42 PM)Max_B Wrote: [ -> ]That sepia toned avatar photograph of AP on SF... that spoke volumes to me... Dodgy
Reincarnation of Sir William Crookes?
[Image: William-Crookes-1832-%E2%80%93-1919.jpeg]

Is that actually Andrew Paquette ?  I'd never looked at it closely,  I just thought it was some big wig from the early psychical society, maybe Sir William Crookes. I should have noticed the shirt and tie....
(2017-09-09, 08:04 PM)tim Wrote: [ -> ]Is that actually Andrew Paquette ?  I'd never looked at it closely,  I just thought it was some big wig from the early psychical society, maybe Sir William Crookes. I should have noticed the shirt and tie....
Apparently it is.
https://luminous-landscape.com/making-sw...otography/

The period look is deliberate, but the description indicates that there was a need to remain still during the image capture, which pretty much is the same requirement as the early days of photography.

"The first was a simple self-portrait focus stacking test that I did just to see if I could hold still enough for it to work

"To use the ES, the subject has to be nearly still such as landscapes and product shots, but it can be used for portraits as well if care is taken. "
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21