Psience Quest

Full Version: The Skeptiko post-trauma thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
(2017-09-09, 07:53 PM)Ninshub Wrote: [ -> ]Reincarnation of Sir William Crookes?
[Image: William-Crookes-1832-%E2%80%93-1919.jpeg]

Interesting.

It's certainly possible to find spurious resemblances - and make incorrect conclusions as a result, but sometimes it could have significance.
(2017-09-09, 10:32 PM)Typoz Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently it is.
https://luminous-landscape.com/making-sw...otography/

Thanks, Typoz. I wasn't trying to be funny or have a laugh at Andrew's expense. I never really looked closely at the picture (avatar)  but I've just had a look at your link and I've got the idea now. Best of luck to him, he was always okay with me.
(2017-09-09, 02:53 PM)chuck Wrote: [ -> ]Well I don't want to be accused of making an unsubstantiated allegation that may be defamation, so I won't comment.

I see what you did there.
(2017-09-09, 03:28 PM)tim Wrote: [ -> ]"But what about Craig?"

I think I must have been absent during his reign. Was it good...or not good?

Yeah, that was back in 2015 and you were in a hiatus IIRC. He gave us his best impression of Thor and then quit. It would have been unsettling if it wasn't so hilarious. I never had issues with Andy, but until Laird was promoted, I thought that Alex just liked that kind of user as sysop.
(2017-09-09, 04:02 PM)chuck Wrote: [ -> ]But otherwise a good fellow and frequent poster back in "the day."

Yeah, the power just got to his head. Big time.
(2017-09-09, 07:53 PM)Ninshub Wrote: [ -> ]Reincarnation of Sir William Crookes?
[Image: William-Crookes-1832-%E2%80%93-1919.jpeg]

An elegant administrator for a more civilized community.
(2017-09-09, 11:29 PM)E. Flowers Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, that was back in 2015 and you were in a hiatus IIRC. He gave us his best impression of Thor and then quit. It would have been unsettling if it wasn't so hilarious. I never had issues with Andy, but until Laird was promoted, I thought that Alex just liked that kind of user as sysop.

You'll have to re-phrase some of that for me, E Flowers I don't get what you're trying to say, but maybe that's because I'm English and I haven't seen enough of the world.
(2017-09-09, 03:47 PM)Chris Wrote: [ -> ]I was going to say his psi blog is still active, though having checked it seems like periodic bursts of life, the last one being in April:
https://weilerpsiblog.wordpress.com/

Conversely, that last post seems right up Max's alley.
(2017-09-09, 11:59 PM)tim Wrote: [ -> ]You'll have to re-phrase some of that for me, E Flowers I don't get what you're trying to say, but maybe that's because I'm English and I haven't seen enough of the world.

He basically threatened to ban anyone that misbehaved (he waved the "ban hammer" around, like Thor does with Mjolnir), was met with heavy backlash and then posted a resignation thread in which he said that he was no longer that interested in psi... Because he was going to pursue a career as a comedian and had self-assessed that he had the talent to go professional.
(2017-09-10, 12:04 AM)E. Flowers Wrote: [ -> ]He basically threatened to ban anyone that misbehaved (he waved the "ban hammer" around, like Thor does with Mjolnir), was met with heavy backlash and then posted a resignation thread in which he said that he was no longer that interested in psi... Because he was going to pursue a career as a comedian and had self-assessed that he had the talent to go professional.

Thanks, understood.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21