Latest Updated Threads

 | Latest Created Threads

| External Feeds

Book -- When Prophecy Fails


UFO/UAP forum    4 Replies

chuck, 2017-08-24, 09:11 PM

This book is mentioned by Vallee in The Invisible College. It is available for free from Archive.org.

When Prophecy Fails

https://archive.org/details/pdfy-eDNpDzTy_dR1b0iB

Vallee talks about a woman who began channelling. A small group of devout followers developed around her. She began to

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Jokes, Humour & General Smartassness


General off-topic forum    32 Replies

Pollux, 2017-08-24, 07:41 PM

Smartass kids in the classroom:


TEACHER:   Maria, go to the map and find North America.
MARIA:          Here it is.
TEACHER:  Correct. Now class, who discovered America?
CLASS:         Maria.
____________________________________
 
TEACHER:  [i]John, why

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Is Spirituality also meant to be the Exploration section?


Feedback and announcements    2 Replies

Sci, 2017-08-24, 04:28 PM

Just curious, not sure where something like Gnosticism would go?

That's not exactly spirituality, but not exactly anything else?


  Open Thread

Graham Hancock's statement on his recent illness.


General off-topic forum    4 Replies

Kamarling, 2017-08-24, 09:43 AM

Full statement on Facebook


Graham Hancock has survived a frightening and serious illness and has recovered enough to release a statement. Here are a couple of quotes but the full text isn't a long read.

[

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

What are you watching?


General off-topic forum    180 Replies

Doppelgänger, 2017-08-24, 07:36 AM

Well, since Sci posted the "What are you listening to?" thread, I thought it would be okay to make another "What are you watching thread?"  Smile

I'm watching David Lynch's and Mark Frost's Twin Peaks: The Return.

I watched the original run of Twin Peaks back in the day, and when I

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

The afterlife of a website


General survival research    No Replies

Kamarling, 2017-08-24, 07:29 AM

A long time ago (10 years or more), I used to enjoy browsing a website with a wealth of information about NDE, the afterlife and the history of psi and survival research. You could guarantee that if you were searching for some information on those subjects, that site would be prominent in the google

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Hello beautiful people!


Member introductions    9 Replies

Roberta, 2017-08-24, 06:29 AM

Hi there people! 

I'm also coming over from Skeptiko, although due to the alt-right/conspiracy direction it took I haven't enjoyed or posted on it in a while. Had a browse the other day, saw Alex had done something silly and that this was the new go to forum (props to whoever set it up!) 

I'm an i

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Winger: The Unreasonable Effectiveness of Mathematics in the Natural Sciences


Connected philosophy forum (metaphysics, ontology, theology, ethics)    No Replies

Sci, 2017-08-24, 04:03 AM

The Unreasonable Effectiveness of Mathematics in the Natural Sciences

[quote]
[color=#000000][size=medium]THERE IS A story about two friends, who were cl

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Uri Geller - What do you think?


Skeptic vs. proponent discussion    297 Replies

Kamarling, 2017-08-23, 08:14 PM

Geller was mentioned in another thread but I didn't want to derail that so I thought it might be interesting to open a new thread in case anyone has studied the guy. I've been aware of him since he hit the headlines in the 70's but have vacillated between being impressed and feeling conned. In the e

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Physical Mediumship example


Afterlife contact forum (deathbed visions, ADC, mediumship)    No Replies

jkmac, 2017-08-23, 06:45 PM

This would be one of the most famous of them all: the Scole Experiments.

This site would be incomplete w/o this video. It's a classic, and contains tons of useful information.




  Open Thread