Latest Updated Threads

 | Latest Created Threads

| External Feeds

PBS Spacetime - Dark Flow


General off-topic forum    No Replies

Steve001, 2017-08-25, 07:46 PM

A 12 minute video discussing a possible prefered direction of movement of stuff in our little universe.
https://youtu.be/xgdNBQCdhdA


  Open Thread

The Skeptiko post-trauma thread


General off-topic forum    229 Replies

k9!, 2017-08-25, 05:20 PM

While I can understand some people here were upset with Alex for making changes to his forum, I don't understand the need to troll the Skeptiko forum now that a new forum has been established. Alex isn't perfect, but he provided a forum and he gave us a lot of great shows to enjoy for a number of ye

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

How the Peer-to-Peer Simulation Hypothesis Explains Just About Everything


Connected science forum (evolution, ID, cosmology, fine-tuning, quantum mechanics)    84 Replies

Sci, 2017-08-25, 05:08 PM

How the Peer-to-Peer Simulation Hypothesis Explains Just About Everything, Including the Very Existence of Quantum Mechanics by Marcus Arvan[color=#444444][size=x-

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Adam Crabtree's Models of the Mind


Spirituality and magic forum: science and practice    1 Replies

Sci, 2017-08-25, 04:48 PM

Models of the Mind

Models covered in paper:


[color=#562989][size=sma

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Doctrine of Subtle Worlds


Spirituality and magic forum: science and practice    No Replies

Sci, 2017-08-25, 04:31 PM

Doctrine of Subtle Worlds

[quote]
[color=#000000][size=medium]The writing of this essay on the Doctrine of the Subtle Worlds began on November 4, 1996. At that time, I had been living out of my car, wandering around the U.S. for almost a year. I was

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Consciousness, Philosophical Issues About


Philosophy of mind forum    No Replies

Sci, 2017-08-25, 04:25 PM

Consciousness, Philosophical Issues About

[quote]
There are a number of different matters that come under the heading of‘consciousness’. One of them is phenomenality, the feeling of say a sensation of red or a 

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Exile From Groupthink


Member introductions    2 Replies

iPsoFacTo, 2017-08-25, 03:10 PM

I'm a geezer. Yes, my humor strays very easily towards sarcasm. I hope this forum takes off. I hope this forum stays away from politics or politicized topics because that is asking for trouble. I kicked skeptiko forum to the curb because not kowtowing to its politics gets you labeled as a troublemak

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Alternative medicine kills cancer patients


Skeptic vs. proponent discussion    16 Replies

malf, 2017-08-24, 10:19 PM

https://academic.oup.com/jnci/article-ab...m=fulltext

Unfortunately I don't have access to the full study. Anyone else? I think this sort of study is difficult to run, and consequently quite rare. 

David Gorsk

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

It's like Hell opened one of its gates....


General off-topic forum    3 Replies

Pollux, 2017-08-24, 09:35 PM

It's not Christmas-time yet, but I looked around in some old threads and found this one that I thought to post, and wondered; `what kinda parent take their kids to a "Demon-Walk" as a Christmas-treat??´


It's like Hell opened one of its gates in a town in Austria.


» READ MORE


  Open Thread

A Pam Reynolds Thread


Near-death experience (NDE) forum    5 Replies

chuck, 2017-08-24, 09:19 PM

This is for Tim to post stuff about Pam Reynolds.


  Open Thread