Latest Updated Threads

 | Latest Created Threads

| External Feeds

Where's Super Sexy?


Member introductions    5 Replies

berkelon, 2017-08-22, 02:08 AM

[size=medium]Nice to be back. I was Berkelon and Brooke on the old forums, until Alex ran me off over some petty bullshit. Anyway, hopefully this forum can operate with a minimum of censorship and in-group/out-group stuff. I'm currently a psychotherapist seeing patients in NYC, and I also teach scie

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Eclipse


General off-topic forum    5 Replies

Jim_Smith, 2017-08-22, 12:34 AM

The photo is an image of today's eclipse, at its maximum where I live, projected by means of a pin hole.



Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   

  Open Thread

Is it possible to upload images?


Feedback and announcements    1 Replies

Jim_Smith, 2017-08-21, 07:52 PM

I tried to insert an image and it seemed it would only accept a url. Is there a way to upload images?


  Open Thread

Charles Tart – Does Transpersonal Psychology Revamp Reality?


Connected science forum (evolution, ID, cosmology, fine-tuning, quantum mechanics)    No Replies

Sci, 2017-08-21, 05:22 PM

Charles Tart – Does Transpersonal Psychology Revamp Reality?



[quote]

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Greetings


Member introductions    2 Replies

Paul C. Anagnostopoulos, 2017-08-21, 04:13 PM

Hey kids! I hope you're all doing well. Gotta go . . . eclipse.

Note how none of the science deniers appear to be denying this event. Why is that?

~~ Paul


  Open Thread

Golden Ratio & The Fibonacci Sequence


Connected science forum (evolution, ID, cosmology, fine-tuning, quantum mechanics)    7 Replies

Pollux, 2017-08-21, 09:57 AM


** A post moved from the: "Trees with “Crown Shyness” Mysteriously Avoid Touching Each Other"-thread,  since it was off-topic, and  I didn't wanna derail the thread**




But another interesting things about how plants,and animals are shaped in nature according to the [url=h

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

A tree-grove in a giant symbiosys


General off-topic forum    No Replies

Pollux, 2017-08-21, 08:33 AM

I remember reading a report, IIRC, about a whole large plantation of orange-trees that had a massive root-system that had grown together underground - that connected ALL the trees in the plantation. I might be wrong regarding them being orange-trees, but I think it was somewhere in southern U

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Rise of the Machines


General off-topic forum    4 Replies

Chris, 2017-08-21, 07:17 AM

The BBC says a group of experts is urging that "killer robots" - weaponry managed by AI - should be banned:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-40995835

The article is rather surreal in some places. "[color=#404040][size=medium][font="Helmet, Freesans, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]Those in favou

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Name that symbol!


General off-topic forum    No Replies

Will, 2017-08-20, 11:24 PM

Had a thread about this over on Skeptiko, but I never did get a firm answer (I did get a lead on triskelions):


[quote]
Figured, with the interests of various people on this forum, someone might be able to help me with this:

[color=#141414][size=smal

» READ MORE



Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
       

  Open Thread

More with rat brains


Skeptic vs. proponent discussion    1 Replies

Will, 2017-08-20, 11:02 PM

[url=http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/02/erase-restore-memories_n_5432430.html?utm_hp_ref=brain][/url]
[quote]
[url=http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/02/erase-restore-memories_n_5432430.html?utm_hp_ref=brain][color=#1d0637][size=small]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/02/erase-restore

» READ MORE


  Open Thread