Latest Updated Threads

 | Latest Created Threads

| External Feeds

Is Evil One of God's Tools?


Connected philosophy forum (metaphysics, ontology, theology, ethics)    48 Replies

Stan Woolley, 2017-08-27, 03:50 PM

I notice that there seems to be a seething anger about the nasty things that happen in the Universe, among a significant number of people, which God often bears the brunt of. 

Is this justified?


  Open Thread

The Famous Dr Rudy


General off-topic forum    29 Replies

Stan Woolley, 2017-08-27, 03:40 PM




  Open Thread

Psi Encyclopedia


General parapsychology    96 Replies

Kamarling, 2017-08-27, 11:20 AM

I know there's a thread for text resources but I thought this deserves a thread to itself.

The Psi Encyclopedia is a resource which attempts to provide some balance to the negative bias towards psi that we are used to from Wikipedia, RationalWiki, CS

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

The brain is not dead when the cortex is dead.


Skeptic vs. proponent discussion    22 Replies

Max_B, 2017-08-27, 10:26 AM

I thought this was a topical letter from 2014 which provides some useful information that supports my view that the brain can continue to have some function (albeit not wakeful consciousness), well after 20 seconds of cardiac arrest, up to perhaps a few minutes, and that this period of continued fun

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Your sense of 'space'...


Skeptic vs. proponent discussion    2 Replies

Max_B, 2017-08-27, 09:54 AM

Here’s a diagram (Fig. 1.) I produced during 2013, to aid me in thinking about the relationships between the sense of space I experience with different states/senses during wakefulness.

When I say, ‘sense of space’, what I’m really talking about is my perception of the location for each of these

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Greetings


Member introductions    7 Replies

chotki, 2017-08-27, 02:52 AM

So Alex has erased a post of mine and suspended my account on Skeptiko. I doubt there will be any sort of appeal, so I might as well move over here. 

Hello, everyone!


  Open Thread

Belief in Bigfoot?


General paranormal phenomena forum    3 Replies

berkelon, 2017-08-26, 12:48 AM

Looking to understand forum users' beliefs in bigfoot. The guy who was installing a door for me yesterday was talking about how bigfoots had been seen here in upstate new york. Curious if anybody here is onboard. I'm a very strong "lean no" for whatever it's worth. Thanks!


  Open Thread

Q: Whats this 'warning alert' thing supposed to mean/indicate?


Feedback and announcements    7 Replies

iPsoFacTo, 2017-08-25, 08:07 PM

I am curious. Huh


  Open Thread

Slow Reaction From Forum -- Keyboard


Feedback and announcements    10 Replies

chuck, 2017-08-25, 08:07 PM

Does anyone else experience slowness in the response of their keyboard when replying or editing on the forum? I don't think it is my laptop, as I don't see this response anywhere else in any other application. It's like when I have an editing window open there is a delay when I am typing. Doesn't ha

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Organization claims evidence of element transmutation in cold fusion reactor.


Connected science forum (evolution, ID, cosmology, fine-tuning, quantum mechanics)    2 Replies

E. Flowers, 2017-08-25, 07:53 PM

The Martin Fleischmann Memorial Project, a group of engineers that employ crowdsourcing to build and test devices that claim the capacity to produce an excess of energy (usually resulting in excess heat) from cold fusion reactions, just uploaded a video in which they claim solid proof that the react

» READ MORE


  Open Thread