Latest Updated Threads

 | Latest Created Threads

| External Feeds

Quantum Biology


Connected science forum (evolution, ID, cosmology, fine-tuning, quantum mechanics)    1 Replies

Sci, 2017-09-08, 06:25 PM

An (relatively minor IMO) update of the field:

3 of Nature’s Greatest Mysteries May Be Solved Thanks to Quantum Biology

[quote]
[color=#263238][size=medium][font=Merriweather, s

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

The results from a slew of experiments are in: Dark matter remains elusive


Connected science forum (evolution, ID, cosmology, fine-tuning, quantum mechanics)    3 Replies

Sci, 2017-09-08, 06:21 PM

The results from a slew of experiments are in: Dark matter remains elusive

[quote]
[color=#000000][size=medium][font="Lato, Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif"]Patience is a virtu

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

A virtually Impossible Universe


Connected philosophy forum (metaphysics, ontology, theology, ethics)    9 Replies

Brian, 2017-09-08, 04:07 PM

I hope I am not the only one who can understand this but I was thinking a lot about it on my way to work this morning.  It's just a loose idea at the moment.

The universe is a virtually impossible anomaly that has 0 dimensions.  It is like an infinitely small pinprick with regards both space and

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Impersonating user deleted: Mac


Feedback and announcements    3 Replies

Laird, 2017-09-08, 06:21 AM

[Edit: see update post further below - this account has now been permanently deleted]

Just warning members that we moderators have evidence to believe that the account "Mac" is an account impersonating a member of other forums. We have temp-banned this account for two days whilst we investigate.

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Anyone else going to be dealing with this bloody hurricane?


General off-topic forum    27 Replies

iPsoFacTo, 2017-09-08, 02:34 AM

All I can say is be safe and pray be spared.

I swore florida would be the last place on earth I'd want to move to

But, move down here they said. Be near your brother and sister and the kids and your grand nieces and nephews she said. (mom's dying wish)

First its someone broadsiding my moving tr

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

just arrived


Member introductions    2 Replies

leadville, 2017-09-07, 06:29 PM

Just arrived, been takin' a look around.  Man there are some great conversations going on.  Maybe I'll feel confident enough to contribute myself when I've settled in.   Smile


  Open Thread

What should forum policy be on defamatory posts?


Feedback and announcements    352 Replies

Laird, 2017-09-07, 10:20 AM

Recently, moderators have made two decisions with respect to defamatory posts:

  • Ian (Ninshub) deleted a post by Leuders which made unsubstantiated allegations of sex crimes against a (deceased) public figure in mediumship.
  • I edited out of two of Max_B's posts defamatory insinuations re


» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Twin Peaks Thread - S1&2 + Return + Fire Walk With Me


General off-topic forum    58 Replies

Sci, 2017-09-06, 05:26 PM

So...what #$%# happened at the end of The Return? Big Grin


  Open Thread

Ted Serios


Skeptic vs. proponent discussion    36 Replies

Fake Leuders, 2017-09-06, 06:28 AM

So we have a Uri Geller thread so I will start this one.

What do you think about Ted Serios? Do you believe his 'thoughtographs' were genuine or fraudulent?

For those who have not heard of this man. Here is a photo of Serios:

[img=764x632]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b2/

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Questions for Cyrus Kirkpatrick


Interview planning    20 Replies

Roberta, 2017-09-06, 06:20 AM

Hello still beautiful people! 

I have an interview organised with Cyrus Kirkpatrick (written again) and was wondering if anyone had any questions for him? 

He's an OBE'r/astral projecter - but very credible, challenges a lot of classic new age notions he feels there is no evidence for,  he hos

» READ MORE


  Open Thread