Latest Updated Threads

 | Latest Created Threads

| External Feeds

The "PK Man"


Psi research forum (ESP and psychokinesis)    5 Replies

E. Flowers, 2017-09-06, 03:30 AM

I just finished hearing an interview hosted by Jeffrey Mishlove and... Holy crap, do they make him sound like the emperor from Star Wars summoning weather phenomena and sabotaging sport teams for the hell of it. Surely there is more to this character than what was mentioned in this particular

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Early Commentary on the gospels rediscovered and translated last week.


General off-topic forum    2 Replies

Max_B, 2017-09-05, 09:11 PM

The earliest Latin Commentary on the Gospels, lost for over 1500 years, has been rediscovered and made available in English for the first time.

The work, which was written by a bishop in North Italy, Fortunatianus of Aquileia, dates back to the middle of the fourth century. Despite referen

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Sunday School - A Short Story


General off-topic forum    3 Replies

Hurmanetar, 2017-09-05, 08:37 PM

If anyone here likes fiction and is interested in reading my very first attempt at a short story, please enjoy at the link below and leave me some feedback - constructive criticism is welcome. For years I've entertained the idea that I'd like to write some fiction - someday. Well I finally decided i

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Dreaming The Future


Psi research forum (ESP and psychokinesis)    21 Replies

Bruce Siegel, 2017-09-05, 07:24 PM

Hey everyone! I'm new here, and don't know whether you folks will all have seen the thread on Skeptiko about my new book. (I know at least some of you have seen it.) So here's a link to a post describing wh

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Last Post Function


Feedback and announcements    4 Replies

chuck, 2017-09-05, 01:16 PM

When using view new posts and clicking on "Last Post" it doesn't always take me to the last post. Anyone else seeing this?


  Open Thread

Lucid living


Spirituality and magic forum: science and practice    9 Replies

Ninshub, 2017-09-05, 04:45 AM

[quote='chuck' pid='1344' dateline='1503497048']
I realize for myself that the frequency of events like lucid dreaming or OBEs relate directly to the general state of what I could call my overall consciousness level. If I'm in a period of my life where I'm operating just above auto-pilot (like now)

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

"Rebuilding Quantum Theory from Scratch"


Connected science forum (evolution, ID, cosmology, fine-tuning, quantum mechanics)    2 Replies

E. Flowers, 2017-09-05, 02:15 AM

A piece on the current state of QM and alternatives, in particular quantum Bayesianism (which I suspect could be of interest to at least a few here): https://www.quantamagazine.org/quantum-t...-20170830/


  Open Thread

"Why I am no longer a skeptic"


Skeptic vs. proponent discussion    389 Replies

Will, 2017-09-05, 01:22 AM

As we have some members now who weren't around when this was discussed on Skeptiko, I'd like to bring it back up:

Why I am no longer a skeptic by Stephen Bond.

I'd especially like to hear what

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

The Beatles, Brian Epstein's death and mediumship


Afterlife contact forum (deathbed visions, ADC, mediumship)    8 Replies

Ninshub, 2017-09-04, 05:12 AM

I'm recently posting a lot about mediumship, it's just happening that way, and then I go back to a Beatles book I'm reading ("The Beatles Off the Record") as I'm getting ready to go to bed , and the first thing to hit me is this section (which makes me get out of bed and back in front of the compute

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Death is the end


Skeptic vs. proponent discussion    116 Replies

Fake Leuders, 2017-09-04, 03:12 AM

I just created this thread because I wanted to ask proponents a question that we can debate. What would you do if death is the end and there is no afterlife? By this statement I mean no survival of consciousness after death. You cease to exist.

I am not interested in discussing evidence pro or co

» READ MORE


  Open Thread