Latest Updated Threads

 | Latest Created Threads

| External Feeds

107 cancer papers retracted due to peer review fraud


Connected science forum (evolution, ID, cosmology, fine-tuning, quantum mechanics)    2 Replies

Sci, 2017-09-11, 04:04 PM

107 cancer papers retracted due to peer review fraud

[quote]
[color=#000000][size=small][font="opensans"]The journal Tumor Biology is retracting [url=https://link.springer.com/article/10

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Planning posts split from Psience Quest Interview No. 3: Loyd Auerbach


Interview planning    12 Replies

Vortex, 2017-09-11, 03:17 PM

Loyd Auerbach has agreed to give an interview on apparitions, hauntings, spontaneous cases, field investigations and "ghost hunting".

It will probably be ready closer to October, since Loyd is busy coming two weeks. But afterwards, he is mine (and ours, of course Wink ) to interwiew.

As with Tit

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Buddha At The Gas Pump Mega Thread!!!


Spirituality and magic forum: science and practice    47 Replies

chuck, 2017-09-11, 01:24 PM

It's been a couple years since I listened to Buddha at the Gas Pump. 

I've always been curious about Rick's show. He's at 414 interviews as of today. And many of his interviewees are people experiencing "altered" or "refined" states of consciousness.

I'm wondering how many people here at psi-q

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

The Academy for the Advancement of Postmaterialist Sciences


Skeptic vs. proponent discussion    26 Replies

Chris, 2017-09-11, 07:55 AM

E. Flowers posted a link to a video publicising this organisation, though it's difficult to find out much about it online:



They are not short of self-confidence, judging by the opening comparison with Albert Einstein.

There

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

How to join the hidden politics, conspiracy theory & controversial science subforums


Introduction, rules, and guides    10 Replies

Laird, 2017-09-11, 04:33 AM

Update: as of 2025-12-07, the consensus was to remove these forums altogether, so access to them has been blocked, and they are no longer generally-accessible.

[s]Here on Psience Quest, the community voted to allow political and conspiracy theory discussions only in subforums which

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Sue Blackmore vs Graham Nichols Interview.


Out-of-body experience (OBE), astral travel, and lucid dream forum    32 Replies

Stan Woolley, 2017-09-10, 03:45 PM

Sue Blackmore vs Graham Nichols 

https://www.premierchristianradio.com/Sh...m-Nicholls


  Open Thread

Ancient singing techniques


General off-topic forum    13 Replies

Brian, 2017-09-10, 12:13 PM

(post deleted by user)


  Open Thread

Physical Mediumship Experience


Skeptic vs. proponent discussion    48 Replies

jkmac, 2017-09-09, 08:20 PM

Ok. So here goes. Very long post...

What I was hoping to see when I made arrangements to attend the séance was a demonstration of physical mediumship that I would be able to fully believe was not a magic trick.

After some familiarization with PM in general I found that although each medium has

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Eben Alexander - What Do You Think?


Skeptic vs. proponent discussion    14 Replies

laborde, 2017-09-09, 10:03 AM

Following on the hee(a)ls of the ever popular Geller thread, I am interested to hear the board's opinion on Dr Alexander. 

Having been introduced to him via Alex's podcast (i think?) pre publication of the unfortunately titled Proof of Heaven, I was deeply impressed. Post publication, not

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Human Intelligence - Exceptional?


Connected science forum (evolution, ID, cosmology, fine-tuning, quantum mechanics)    12 Replies

Silence, 2017-09-08, 07:48 PM

With many (most I guess) biologists asserting that human intelligence emerged through evolution, I have wondered if any study had been given to how remarkable or mundane this would be relative to other life forms/attributes.  It seems to me that no other evolutionary development has had near the imp

» READ MORE


  Open Thread