Latest Updated Threads

 | Latest Created Threads

| External Feeds

New new member


Member introductions    11 Replies

Dreamsoap, 2017-09-27, 02:41 AM

I'm Dreamsoap.

I'm Mediochre's girlfriend. He made me half heartedly join Skeptiko forums but I never listened to the podcasts let alone even really stalk the forums. Reason being is that we've both lead extremely paranormal lives (we even met this way) and I'm pretty done with not being able to

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

ersby finds scientific evidence for the existence of Ents


General paranormal phenomena forum    8 Replies

Chris, 2017-09-26, 09:54 PM

In his latest blog post:
http://ersby.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/scie...ce-of.html


  Open Thread

Photo attchement


Feedback and announcements    9 Replies

jkmac, 2017-09-26, 10:06 AM

Can anyone tell me how to attach a photo? Nothing in help..

I can do video but not photo...


  Open Thread

Consciousness restored in man after 15 years in vegetative state


Consciousness science forum    72 Replies

Silence, 2017-09-25, 09:21 PM

https://futurism.com/researchers-restore...ive-state/

Curious for anyone's take here.  Sounds like the patient may not yet be overly communicative.  Still, pretty fascinating medical development.


  Open Thread

The Death of Are


General off-topic forum    51 Replies

chuck, 2017-09-25, 02:17 PM

I'm fascinated that in my own lifetime a major change has happened within the spoken language. At least in the United States we have moved from:

"There are new updates."

to

"There is new updates."

I'm baffled, angered, confused, horrified. This usage is becoming ubiquitous, even among br

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Borley Rectory


Ghost, poltergeist, and spirit forum    7 Replies

Chris, 2017-09-25, 08:30 AM

A new film on Borley Rectory directed by Ashley Thorpe has just had its premiere. It's described as "essentially an animated documentary," and features Jonathan Rigby as Harry Price and Reece Shearsmith as the journalist Vernon Wall:
http://carrionfilms.co.uk/borley-rectory/


  Open Thread

Mainstream science estimate of the 7 biggest unanswered questions in physics


Connected science forum (evolution, ID, cosmology, fine-tuning, quantum mechanics)    29 Replies

nbtruthman, 2017-09-24, 09:07 PM

The 7 Biggest Unanswered Questions in Physics

1. What is matter made of? 
2. Why is gravity so weird?
3. Why does time seem to flow in only one direction?
4. Where did all the antimatter go?
5. W

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Psience Quest Interview No. 2: Cyrus Kirkpatrick


Psience Quest interviews    14 Replies

Roberta, 2017-09-23, 06:58 PM

[size=medium][font="Arial"]Hey guys, below is my interview with Cyrus which he kindly took time out to answer for us. I found the answers very interesting myself, and I'm sure everyone else will too. I'd like to thank Cyrus for his time, and to everyone who commented with questions, particularly Laird

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Skeptical proponent


Member introductions    3 Replies

billw, 2017-09-23, 05:34 PM

Hi,

I had not been frequenting Skeptiko recently, so I missed the whole sub-forum closure thing. Just checked back and and saw someone had sent me an invite to the new forum. The reason I'd stayed away was I felt I wasn't getting any new or helpful insights into the topics discussed, even though

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

I'm seeing 3 deleted threads in Skeptic vs Proponent?


Feedback and announcements    31 Replies

Max_B, 2017-09-23, 05:31 PM

I'm seeing 3 deleted threads in Skeptic vs Proponent? 

My alerts to posts I'd written now lead to a page that says they don't exist?


  Open Thread