Latest Updated Threads

 | Latest Created Threads

| External Feeds

Continuation of David Bohm on Consciousness, QM, Paranormal, etc. [Resources]


Connected science forum (evolution, ID, cosmology, fine-tuning, quantum mechanics)    No Replies

Sci, 2017-10-01, 12:57 PM

Continuation of this thread

Stuff relating to Universe as Hologram, the Implicate Order, and other thoughts related to Bohm's work on physics, consciousness, etc.

[url=https://www.hea

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

A question from 'The Prophet'


General off-topic forum    28 Replies

Stan Woolley, 2017-10-01, 07:42 AM

What is he saying in the darkened lines? :

On Religion
 Kahlil Gibran

Have I spoken this day of aught else?
[color=#000000

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

An incredibly bland person appears.


Member introductions    18 Replies

Mediochre, 2017-10-01, 04:15 AM

Hello I'm Mediochre. I originally joined Skeptiko to talk about my research and experimentation with magic and then got invited to come here when things apparently went downhill. I would understand if one common way Skeptikonians that knew me would described me as was  "that guy who hates morality."

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

How can people evaluate scientific questions when they don't understand the science?


Connected science forum (evolution, ID, cosmology, fine-tuning, quantum mechanics)    26 Replies

Chris, 2017-09-30, 11:22 AM

This was raised in another thread, but is something I have been wondering about recently.

The question is how we can form a view on scientific questions when we don't have the training, knowledge or expertise to understand the scientific arguments. In a way it's a fairly fundamental question for

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Imagination Thread Continuation [Resources]


Spirituality and magic forum: science and practice    7 Replies

Sci, 2017-09-30, 01:45 AM

A continuation of this great thread created by Michael2!
[url=https://aeon.co/essays/imagination-is-such-an-ancient-ability-it-might-precede-language][/url]
New article on Aeon:
[url=https://aeon.co/essays/imagination-is

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Evaluating research


Skeptic vs. proponent discussion    2 Replies

fls, 2017-09-28, 05:12 PM

I have been having a private discussion about evaluating research, and the extent to which knowledge and experience influences this. I tend to go on and on about how I evaluate research, but it occurs to me that I should be asking others how they do so (before letting my own prejudices run amok Smile).

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Are the Fundamental Constants Changing?


Connected science forum (evolution, ID, cosmology, fine-tuning, quantum mechanics)    4 Replies

Bucky, 2017-09-28, 05:01 PM

It looks like they may be...




  Open Thread

Mythological objects


Spirituality and magic forum: science and practice    1 Replies

Sci, 2017-09-28, 04:21 PM

List of mythological objects

Just a cool list, possibly useful to those seeking foci for magickal workings or perhaps objects one might try to manifest while lucid dreaming.

Will post some stuff on the symbolism of certain o

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Hello all


Member introductions    8 Replies

Michael Larkin, 2017-09-28, 04:00 PM

Well, it took some time, but I'm here now. Smile

I've been lurking for a while to see how things are developing and overall it looks good.


  Open Thread

What Is PSI


Psi research forum (ESP and psychokinesis)    32 Replies

chuck, 2017-09-28, 03:10 PM

We often times here people on the forum say -- that's not PSI! Or how does that relate to PSI?

Well. What is PSI?


  Open Thread