Latest Updated Threads

 | Latest Created Threads

| External Feeds

Criteria For Interviewees


Feedback and announcements    86 Replies

chuck, 2017-09-28, 12:48 PM

In what case is an interviewee not appropriate for inclusion on PQ? Does some controversial work in someone's past make them unacceptable to be included here, even if the interview is about another facet of their work?


  Open Thread

brain-like photonic microchips


Off-topic mainstream science forum    2 Replies

Steve001, 2017-09-27, 10:35 PM

Move towards 'holy grail' of computing by creation of brain-like photonic microchips

[color=#4e4e4e][size=xx-large][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][color=#4e4e4e][size=large][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-seri

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

I think my name says it all....


Feedback and announcements    2 Replies

crazymandreams, 2017-09-27, 09:10 PM

I hope I'm in the right place. I am a newbe so I hope I'm posting in the right place. I have a question about premonition dreams. 
I have had a few premonition dreams in my life (and a whole lot of extremely off the wall weird dreams)
ok so with that said...
[size=small]So for years I have been d

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Questions for Henry Bauer


Interview planning    3 Replies

Vortex, 2017-09-27, 07:37 PM

Hello everyone,

While Loyd is still working on his answers, I'm not just sitting inactive.

Recently, Alex has posted a short and simple interview with Henry Bauer, concerning his new book "Science is not What You Think" which is essentially a summary of his decades-long hard work in the field

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Panpsychism In The First Person


Connected science forum (evolution, ID, cosmology, fine-tuning, quantum mechanics)    No Replies

Sci, 2017-09-27, 04:49 PM

Bitbol: Panpsychism In The First Person

[quote]
A central presupposition of science is that objectivity is universal. This does not only create a blindspot in knowledge, but also forces one to ignore it. Several strateg

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Interesting MU Episode -- The Science of Meditation


Consciousness science forum    No Replies

chuck, 2017-09-27, 02:32 PM

In the plus episode today the guys cover the new book The Science of Meditation.

https://www.penguin.co.uk/books/290654/t...editation/


  Open Thread

How Are UFOs Related to PSI?


UFO/UAP forum    47 Replies

chuck, 2017-09-27, 02:29 PM

This thread is for discussing how UFOs relate to PSI and the PQ charter. Thanks.


  Open Thread

Should we permit interviews on non-core subjects, esp AIDS/HIV?


Feedback and announcements    189 Replies

Chris, 2017-09-27, 08:30 AM

On this subject, I see Vortex says on Skeptiko that he is hoping to interview Henry Bauer on HIV/AIDS for PsienceQuest.

Please could someone clarify whether this subject would be considered part of this site's remit?


  Open Thread

Remote viewing non-human perceptions


Psi research forum (ESP and psychokinesis)    27 Replies

Hurmanetar, 2017-09-27, 03:22 AM

Has this been experimented with by anyone?

I was thinking about how remote viewers realized at some point that they needed to be specific about time and not merely location.

This got me thinking: it is like when I go to google to figure out when and where the 4th of July fireworks show is supp

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Personal Stories


Ghost, poltergeist, and spirit forum    1 Replies

Dreamsoap, 2017-09-27, 03:16 AM

Got a few things here. When I was 14, I played around a lot with Wicca. Don't ask me which gods I prayed to or what rituals or spells I did - I didn't really. I called it that because "Wicca" stood for "Witch-craft", that's all I knew to call it. Everything I did was straight forward and instinctual

» READ MORE


  Open Thread