The question of political / conspiracy theory content

327 Replies, 48392 Views

I can't, it was deleted. Also, while I don't have any interest in Satanism (I see it as yet another offshoot of Christianity), suggesting that atheists are truly secret satanists is what was so ridiculous, not the religion/cult per se.
(This post was last modified: 2017-08-19, 10:46 AM by E. Flowers.)
[-] The following 3 users Like E. Flowers's post:
  • iPsoFacTo, Sciborg_S_Patel, Laird
Fair call. I won't press you further. I hope though that folks reading offer their view on whether we can come to a consensus on the question at the heart of this thread. Is it enough to create subforums for politics and/or conspiracy theories which are only visible to logged-in posters, and posts to which are kept out of the "View Unread Posts" list?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Laird's post:
  • Ninshub
Whoa, fellers. Just watch the threads as they happen. If it's in the wrong place, move it. If it's bad shit delete it. Don't make it all complicated.
[-] The following 2 users Like chuck's post:
  • iPsoFacTo, Stan Woolley
I think that making any CT and political sub forums visible only to logged in members is a good idea. It could prevent some lurkers from making a snap judgement and dismissing the forum as one focusing on those topics, while maybe also encouraging them to join based on their interest in psi-relates phenomena and consciousness science.
[-] The following 3 users Like Dante's post:
  • E. Flowers, Typoz, Ninshub
This post has been deleted.
(2017-08-19, 03:32 PM)Max_B Wrote: Smile
Did Malf have to eat a piece of Alex's pie? Blush

Alex banned me for calling David an asshole. I hadn't directly. My (perhaps clumsily made) point was that Alex's 'No Asshole Rule' NAR would only work if there was some consensus view on who the asshole was. Perhaps history has proved that to be a crucial question  Smile

I had to apologise for any offence that I'd caused David and was let back on.
[-] The following 3 users Like malf's post:
  • Sciborg_S_Patel, Ninshub, Doug
This post has been deleted.
I was banned for suggesting Alex had lost the plot but it was one of those "send me an email and I'll consider letting you come back" sort of bans. I didn't bother to send the email because, a) I still think he's lost the plot and b) I don't particularly want to be part of the reinvented Skeptiko.
I do not make any clear distinction between mind and God. God is what mind becomes when it has passed beyond the scale of our comprehension.
Freeman Dyson
[-] The following 2 users Like Kamarling's post:
  • iPsoFacTo, Sciborg_S_Patel
I have never been banned from Skeptiko.  Angel
[-] The following 3 users Like Guest's post:
  • Stan Woolley, malf, Sciborg_S_Patel
(2017-08-19, 08:28 PM)Chris Wrote: I have never been banned from Skeptiko.  Angel

We can still arrange that...
"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before..."
[-] The following 1 user Likes E. Flowers's post:
  • Sciborg_S_Patel

• View a Printable Version