NDE Multimedia Resource Thread

284 Replies, 61690 Views

Two people that have had a big influence in my spiritual life. Heather is the maker of my favourite short NDE film. David, an NDEr that I vibe with, as he use to be a macho diver who’s life has been changed by an experience he had in 1983.

Oh my God, I hate all this.   Surprise
[-] The following 2 users Like Stan Woolley's post:
  • Silence, Typoz
Good documentary on NDEs. In French but there are English subtitles.
Published 7 July 2021.

Near-Death Experiences (NDE) : Investigating an enigma (full documentary)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9v7sCCPHiU
[-] The following 4 users Like Typoz's post:
  • Kamarling, nbtruthman, Sciborg_S_Patel, tim
That's a really excellent NDE documentary, Typoz ! There's a part two featuring Jan Holden and more, but I don't know if English subtitles have been applied to that one yet. My best regards to everyone, I'm having something of a break from the forum but I'll be back, like Arnold Schwarzenegger !
[-] The following 7 users Like tim's post:
  • Obiwan, Smaw, Kamarling, Enrique Vargas, nbtruthman, Sciborg_S_Patel, Typoz
Good to hear from you, Tim.

I think this is the second part you mentioned, and as you say it does not yet have an English translation.

EMI : Je reviens de l'au-delà (2/2) | Temps Présent
[-] The following 1 user Likes Typoz's post:
  • tim
Just a couple of NDE accounts from the Afterlife Experiences channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsVbNBsUeT0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ko_0NXnjC8

Possibly some of this material is duplicated elsewhere, it reminds me of the Thanatos TV channel, but it isn't exactly the same. Worth a look I think.
(This post was last modified: 2021-08-08, 09:10 AM by Typoz.)
This NDE includes the person encountering his still-living children during the experience (about 5 minutes in). This isn't unique, I've come across something similar a number of times before. However it is worth mentioning since sometimes sweeping generalisations are made, saying for example that in an NDE only the deceased are encountered. That is an over-simplification I think.

The Near Death Experience of Mr. Schoss
[-] The following 2 users Like Typoz's post:
  • tim, Smaw
(2021-08-07, 03:08 PM)tim Wrote: That's a really excellent NDE documentary, Typoz ! There's a part two featuring Jan Holden and more, but I don't know if English subtitles have been applied to that one yet. My best regards to everyone, I'm having something of a break from the forum but I'll be back, like Arnold Schwarzenegger !

I do the same from time to time, tim ... take a break, I mean. I find that I enjoy the discussions more after a break as they seem a little fresher than if I just hang around all the time.

Keep coming back though!
I do not make any clear distinction between mind and God. God is what mind becomes when it has passed beyond the scale of our comprehension.
Freeman Dyson
[-] The following 4 users Like Kamarling's post:
  • Obiwan, tim, Laird, Typoz
An interview with Joachim Nicolay, a researcher of NDEs.
A fair bit of this talk is about negative NDEs, the example of a suicide bomber is discussed. Like many things, it isn’t simple. I enjoyed the discussion because Nicolay doesn’t appear to be too fixed on believing certain things. I think too, that we shouldn’t ignore or dismiss the minority of NDEs which don’t follow the ‘love and light’ stereotype. To me, such ‘negative’ NDEs may provide insights into ‘how things work’ beyond the simplistic and the easy to endorse love and light.

That is not to say that I think ‘love & light’ is not at the heart of things, but I think it’s probably a more complex ‘game’ that isn’t as straightforward as some might like to think. 

[-] The following 3 users Like Stan Woolley's post:
  • David001, Smaw, Typoz
(2021-08-12, 07:55 AM)Stan Woolley Wrote: An interview with Joachim Nicolay, a researcher of NDEs.
A fair bit of this talk is about negative NDEs, the example of a suicide bomber is discussed. Like many things, it isn’t simple. I enjoyed the discussion because Nicolay doesn’t appear to be too fixed on believing certain things. I think too, that we shouldn’t ignore or dismiss the minority of NDEs which don’t follow the ‘love and light’ stereotype. To me, such ‘negative’ NDEs may provide insights into ‘how things work’ beyond the simplistic and the easy to endorse love and light.

That is not to say that I think ‘love & light’ is not at the heart of things, but I think it’s probably a more complex ‘game’ that isn’t as straightforward as some might like to think. 

You're right that the negative experiences are an important part of the picture.

My only doubt about the interview with Joachim Nicolay is that it contains a mix of specific actual NDE accounts with analysis and interpretation by Nicolay. Some of it seems to be made-up examples in order to present his beliefs. It isn't always clear where to separate fact from opinion.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Typoz's post:
  • Obiwan
(2021-08-12, 11:30 AM)Typoz Wrote:  Some of it seems to be made-up examples in order to present his beliefs. It isn't always clear where to separate fact from opinion.

I doubt that any such examples will be totally made up, if they’re made up at all. 

Often I know something exists in a video or written article but am not able to prove it without spending hours doing so, or failing! This may be the same sort of thing. 

I do think he will have reached any position he has by real investigation, as opposed to the debunkers, who don’t do the work.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stan Woolley's post:
  • Typoz

• View a Printable Version