Psience Quest

Full Version: What should forum policy be on defamatory posts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
(2017-09-23, 10:07 AM)Brian Wrote: [ -> ]The forum software doesn't seem to be working properly  but this is in reply to Kamarling's post

Pssst is a different kettle of fish.  He states far out opinions in a manner similar to a religious fundamentalist and then refuses to give evidence when asked.  He is making a mockery of this forum and your mockery of me is trolling!

I'll reply to this in case Brian is still around. Actually, all I can do is question how my posting of three quotes of your own words, with no comment whatsoever (mockery or otherwise) from me, amounts to trolling? If ever there was a case of damned by your own words, this is it.

Still I see that Brian has jumped ship again. That's fine - I've done the same myself on more than one occasion. I did return because these are subjects I spend a lot of time thinking about and where else is there to discuss them?
(2017-09-23, 08:10 PM)Kamarling Wrote: [ -> ]As for my avatar, my name is David so I chose the Michelangelo David. Blame Michelangelo if I look stoney faced.

How was your conversation with Mick yesterday?
(2017-09-23, 09:22 PM)Ninshub Wrote: [ -> ]How was your conversation with Mick yesterday?

He was just bragging that his is bigger than mine. Surprise
(2017-09-24, 08:52 AM)Brian Wrote: [ -> ]I came back to delete some old posts and found this.  Using quotes like this takes them out of context.  When I posted the post in reply to you, you were online soon afterwards for plenty of time to see it and reply but you didn't.  Instead you chose to post this now that you think I am gone and can't defend myself.  I will be gone soon when all my contributions to the forum are removed so can you plese not discuss me behind my back! 

For the record Kamarling, you are the reason I am leaving, you and the support you got for that post.

Brian, don't you think you're possibly reading into something that really isn't there with Kamarling's post ? Instead of leaving the forum permanently, why not just take a break and come back when you feel differently ?
(2017-09-24, 08:52 AM)Brian Wrote: [ -> ]For the record Kamarling, you are the reason I am leaving, you and the support you got for that post.

Brian, you seem like a nice if not a somewhat fragile guy.  However, if you left because someone posted your own quotes that had an ironic twist to them, that's on you.  I mean you got to own the fact that you came to Linda's defense, challenged others to avoid personal attacks, then ranted about Pssst.

The ironic thing for me is I feel the same way about Linda and Pssst as you do.

Just lighten up a bit and grow a touch thicker skin.  Kam didn't do anything rude to you at all.
(2017-09-24, 06:50 PM)Brian Wrote: [ -> ]Fragile?  Need a thicker skin?  Hate bringing this up yet again but I'm no stranger to mockery,  I just don't see the point any more.

I really enjoy your presence here. I personally hope you just decide to take a break and not delete your account or anything. Or maybe come back as someone else. The forum needs good folks.
(2017-09-24, 08:52 AM)Brian Wrote: [ -> ]For the record Kamarling, you are the reason I am leaving, you and the support you got for that post.

Don't forget the support you got in response:

(2017-09-22, 07:52 PM)chuck Wrote: [ -> ]Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)

ww

Compassionate words which I'd encourage you to take to heart. Hardly any of us is perfectly consistent all of the time. Kamarling pointed out an example of inconsistency - that's reasonable. It doesn't make you a bad person, it doesn't mean you're not liked and valued on the forum (you are). Stick around and keep on contributing - or take a break and come back. It's OK, Brian.
(2017-09-24, 11:42 PM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]Don't forget the support you got in response:

Compassionate words which I'd encourage you to take to heart. Hardly any of us is perfectly consistent all of the time. Kamarling pointed out an example of inconsistency - that's reasonable. It doesn't make you a bad person, it doesn't mean you're not liked and valued on the forum (you are). Stick around and keep on contributing - or take a break and come back. It's OK, Brian.

I think when people point out inconsistency it is unkind in general. Who, in their heart of hearts is consistent from moment to moment?
(2017-09-25, 12:44 AM)chuck Wrote: [ -> ]I think when people point out inconsistency it is unkind in general. Who, in their heart of hearts is consistent from moment to moment?

Fair enough, Chuck.
(2017-09-25, 12:49 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]Fair enough, Chuck.

You sure? You think the choice of the word "unkind" is fair?

May as well shut this forum down now for fear of people being so unkind as to point out inconsistencies one way or the other. This conversation has become bizarre.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33