Psience Quest

Full Version: What should forum policy be on defamatory posts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
(2017-09-21, 08:38 PM)fls Wrote: [ -> ]That just seems designed to keep anybody with knowledge and experience away from the forum. Is that really what people want?

If this is just about me, then don't twist yourselves in a knot trying to come up with a policy just to muffle me. 

Linda

Not even a little bit. If someone chooses to claim expertise in an area, that's their decision. Someone who is an expert could contribute just as well here without saying they're an expert... the value obviously comes from what they say and how they go about it, not the fact that they're an expert. How would anything said here keep those with knowledge and experience away? It's their decision to say if they are an expert or not, and their input can be of value without them saying so.

I'm not sure how you concluded that this meant people with knowledge and experience be kept away.
(2017-09-21, 09:08 PM)malf Wrote: [ -> ]If this was a Hollywood romcom, Tim and Linda would (literally) bump into each other at an NDE conference... with hilarious consequences.

Like when Harry met Sally ? ...... Sad

EDIT :   oh well, maybe not....
If MU!! shows up, castrate him.

Surprise

Chris

(2017-09-21, 10:27 PM)Pssst Wrote: [ -> ]If MU!! shows up, castrate him.

Does the forum have a policy on self-abuse?
(2017-09-21, 10:56 PM)Chris Wrote: [ -> ]Does the forum have a policy on self-abuse?

My guess is no if it's kept a private activity. That reminds to turn off my webcam.
(2017-09-21, 10:27 PM)Pssst Wrote: [ -> ]If MU!! shows up, castrate him.

Surprise

I've repeatedly asked members (in the past) what is MU ? Is it a person, a virus, a cult ? Pssssst ! Do you know ?
(2017-09-22, 12:02 AM)tim Wrote: [ -> ]I've repeatedly asked members (in the past) what is MU ? Is it a person, a virus, a cult ? Pssssst ! Do you know ?

Never ask.
(2017-09-21, 09:12 PM)Kamarling Wrote: [ -> ]Oh spare us Linda. When will you tire of playing victim? Yes, people here who have been around for a long time on Skeptiko are very wary of you and, in my opinion, rightly so but you were nevertheless allowed to join this forum and have not had any posts deleted as far as I'm aware. In fact the mods have been careful to point out that any criticism of you should only be posted in a forum where you are able to defend yourself.

Allowed to join? Was there a discussion about not allowing Fls to join? Are you a mod? If so, what do you mean "allowed to join"? Did the mods get together and vote on allowing certain people to join? I've been a member of skeptiko since the beginning, am a proponent, and thing fls adds more to the forum than 90% of the proponents I've encountered over the years, obfuscation and all. Allowed to join? What kind of bullshit is that? I hope a similar vote was taken on the super troll SandyB.
(2017-09-22, 12:02 AM)tim Wrote: [ -> ]I've repeatedly asked members (in the past) what is MU ? Is it a person, a virus, a cult ? Pssssst ! Do you know ?

No! Never utter that ever. It's like asking who's Lord Valdemort.  Now all manner of evil may fall upon us. Thanks Tim.
(2017-09-22, 12:59 AM)berkelon Wrote: [ -> ]Allowed to join? Was there a discussion about not allowing Fls to join? Are you a mod? If so, what do you mean "allowed to join"? Did the mods get together and vote on allowing certain people to join? I've been a member of skeptiko since the beginning, am a proponent, and thing fls adds more to the forum than 90% of the proponents I've encountered over the years, obfuscation and all. Allowed to join? What kind of bullshit is that? I hope a similar vote was taken on the super troll SandyB.

She was banned on Skeptiko but was free to join this forum. Some didn't want her here - and yes, I'm one of them, but I didn't push for her to be barred. Nor did anyone else from what I recall. No, I'm not a moderator nor an admin - I didn't want to be. Moderators do have a right to deny access to trouble-makers, as with any internet forum, so I'm not sure why you should think that bullshit. Clearly that didn't happen for Linda and if SandyB isn't here, it is because of her own choice - not because you or I or any moderator blocked her.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33