Search Results
    Thread: Reddit's latest NDE thread: claims of EEG being unreliable to detect activity
Post: RE: Reddit's latest NDE thread: claims of EEG bein...

I think worrying about what Redditors say is a waste of time. There are billions to trillions of present-to-future dollar amounts based on the idea the conscious experience is completely captured in...
Posted by Sciborg_S_Patel in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2024-04-28, 01:32 PM
 165     7
    Thread: Death Anxiety (but not what u think)

sbu Wrote: (2024-03-25, 03:58 PM) -- I believe the alternative to truth-seeking is faith. Why is it so pervasive to scrutinize the subtle suggestions we have that death is not the end? -- I think t...
Posted by nbtruthman in Spirituality , 2024-03-25, 04:53 PM
 464     29

I know we discuss things like NDEs and stuff here which is linked to the topic of death. But I don't really think anything at all about death itself. Sometimes I think of life as like a conveyor belt,...
Posted by Typoz in Spirituality , 2024-03-25, 03:59 PM
 464     29

Sciborg_S_Patel Wrote: (2024-03-22, 05:06 PM) -- But I don't think anyone can guarantee what their response would be when the time comes, and at least accepting this fear as a part of one's self seem...
Posted by David001 in Spirituality , 2024-03-24, 10:17 AM
 464     29

I recall something a friend once said that how no one can really predict how they will react in a life or death situation such as being drafted into war as a young man for the sake of old men's politi...
Posted by Sciborg_S_Patel in Spirituality , 2024-03-22, 05:06 PM
 464     29

nbtruthman Wrote: (2024-03-21, 05:57 PM) -- My impression in life is that most people in our society at least do in fact have a repressed neurotic dread of a personal annihilation in death, a prevale...
Posted by David001 in Spirituality , 2024-03-21, 09:49 PM
 464     29

First or all, I'd like to say that we are all in the same boat as everyone else on the planet - we know we are going to die and we can't be certain what will follow that, if anything. I do remember th...
Posted by David001 in Spirituality , 2024-03-20, 04:15 PM
 464     29

Smaw Wrote: (2024-03-20, 09:02 AM) -- When I very first got into PSI related topics, NDEs whatever, I had horrible panic-disorders in regards to my mortality. A growing pain I guess that hits everyon...
Posted by sbu in Spirituality , 2024-03-20, 01:39 PM
 464     29

I'm freaked out of losing consciousness/loss of control. So I hope in death or if I have an NDE before then, that it's comforting and relaxing. I had hypoxia-induced visions one time when I lost consc...
Posted by LotusFlower in Spirituality , 2024-03-19, 07:08 PM
 464     29

I apologize ahead of time if this is in the wrong forum. Perhaps “Member Introductions”? Even tho been here for years , so who knows, but feel free to move it ! Two random thoughts , I thought May ...
Posted by Bill37 in Spirituality , 2024-03-19, 06:18 PM
 464     29
    Thread: Free will and obesity

Smaw Wrote: (2024-03-13, 10:19 AM) -- I've known about obesity being a disease for a long time, I thought more people knew about it. -- I did, but I thought that was verging on certain forbidden poli...
Posted by David001 in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2024-03-17, 11:22 PM
 363     25
    Thread: Does quantum mechanics beckon the end of naturalism?
Post: RE: Does quantum mechanics beckon the end of natur...

Smaw Wrote: (2024-03-16, 07:47 AM) -- Not that QM is Lovecraftian, but that what QM tells us about the world seems to suggest more and more that root reality is seemingly unknowable or uncomprehendib...
 298     19

Smaw Wrote: (2024-03-13, 10:03 AM) -- This is what made me suspicious of it. Now I'm very much of the idea that quantum mechanics can undermine a lot of different ways that we percieve the world, but...
 298     19
    Thread: ABC News article rejects "spiritual or magical" characterisation of intuition
Post: RE: ABC News article rejects "spiritual or magical...

It's sort of a bait-and-switch: "Here's this spooky example of intuition, but we reject spooky explanations, so here we provide a rational explanation based on subconsc... uh, no, wait, it's just a co...
Posted by Laird in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2024-03-13, 10:56 AM
 228     10
    Thread: ABC News article rejects "spiritual or magical" characterisation of intuition
Post: RE: ABC News article rejects "spiritual or magical...

True, but the main scenario in the article - leaving a cafe before it gets shot up - seems to fit the second category. How, based solely on subconscious cues in the local environment, is one supposed ...
Posted by Laird in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2024-03-13, 10:46 AM
 228     10

Brian Wrote: (2024-03-11, 02:15 PM) -- When physics comes to a full stop, maybe we should start thinking from non-physical angles.  I know they don't prove anything but they might come up with intere...
 298     19

Brian Wrote: (2024-03-11, 12:51 PM) -- Even classical physics is stuck as evidence shows the universe must have started in a low entropy state and physicists don't understand how https://www.youtu...
 298     19

Sciborg_S_Patel Wrote: (2024-03-10, 05:24 PM) -- Does quantum mechanics beckon the end of naturalism? (https://www.essentiafoundation.org/does-quantum-mechanics-beckon-the-end-of-naturalism/reading/)...
 298     19

David001 Wrote: (2024-03-08, 12:26 PM) -- Surely there is a vast difference between claiming that we have no free will - as in the materialist conception of reality, and claiming that everything we d...
Posted by sbu in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2024-03-08, 01:05 PM
 363     25

sbu Wrote: (2024-03-08, 10:13 AM) -- Yesterday, Novo Nordisk, the company that produces Wegovy, surpassed Tesla in value, becoming a significant topic in local news. This development piqued my intere...
Posted by Brian in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2024-03-08, 11:37 AM
 363     25