What are you listening to?

371 Replies, 44735 Views

This was pretty cute. Kid wasn't shy and knew the song.

[-] The following 3 users Like Ninshub's post:
  • Sciborg_S_Patel, Laird, malf
'Historically, we may regard materialism as a system of dogma set up to combat orthodox dogma...Accordingly we find that, as ancient orthodoxies disintegrate, materialism more and more gives way to scepticism.'

- Bertrand Russell

[-] The following 2 users Like Sciborg_S_Patel's post:
  • Laird, Typoz
An intentionally over the top and increasingly ridiculous self parodying powermetal musical by GloryHammer.

The story revolves around Angus McFife and co's quest to defeat the sorcerer Zargothrax and free Dundee, Scotland and surrounding area from him and his army of undead unicorns, among other things. This is the story so far, in order:

This one has extra orchestral versions of the songs at the end:

It is completely insane and I love it.
"The cure for bad information is more information."
[-] The following 3 users Like Mediochre's post:
  • Laird, Larry, Sciborg_S_Patel

Interesting video - at first I thought she was choosing to end her life by entering the void, but then rewatching I realize not only is the planet being destroyed by a meteorite but the space station's life support is also failing.

So floating into space is then an act of survival, or at the least playing the odds?
'Historically, we may regard materialism as a system of dogma set up to combat orthodox dogma...Accordingly we find that, as ancient orthodoxies disintegrate, materialism more and more gives way to scepticism.'

- Bertrand Russell

This tune came into my head today, so I dug out a couple of versions:

There's an unfolding of a storyline here. Especially in the first of these with how it makes perfect sense - but if you walk in part-way through, it would be baffling.
[-] The following 2 users Like Typoz's post:
  • Laird, Sciborg_S_Patel
(2020-07-11, 08:34 AM)Sciborg_S_Patel Wrote:

That brings back the youth of my twenties although I still have it on one of my playlists. Ahh, poor Sandy Denny, one of my all-time favourite female vocalists.
I do not make any clear distinction between mind and God. God is what mind becomes when it has passed beyond the scale of our comprehension.
Freeman Dyson
[-] The following 2 users Like Kamarling's post:
  • Typoz, Sciborg_S_Patel
Great bass.

Formerly dpdownsouth. Let me dream if I want to.
[-] The following 1 user Likes woethekitty's post:
  • Typoz
I’ve known about this tune for years but until now never thought about posting it here.

Oh my God, I hate all this.   Surprise
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stan Woolley's post:
  • Typoz
This post has been deleted.

• View a Printable Version