Multimedia Resources Thread - Deathbed Visions & ADCs

46 Replies, 17455 Views

Here is a recent in depth interview with Dr Peter Fenwick regarding near death but mainly end of life experiences. Whist it is definitely worth looking at, I personally don't agree with Fenwick's liking for tying these phenomena up with Hindu Philosophy (non dualism AV etc). Just my thoughts, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78SkTuk8Zd4
[-] The following 6 users Like tim's post:
  • OmniVersalNexus, Enrique Vargas, Raimo, Typoz, Ninshub, Doug
This is another piece from Dr Christopher Kerr's (and associates) work with the dying at Buffalo Hospice, New York State. In 10 years, he and his team have documented 14,000 cases. Eighty percent of his patients report dreams or visions (before they die)

At 6.09 the news journalist asks the question, "Why is it we're not hearing more about this ?" I think I've got an idea why Wink

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019/02/...ams-study/
[-] The following 6 users Like tim's post:
  • OmniVersalNexus, Enrique Vargas, Raimo, Typoz, Laird, Doug
(2019-02-28, 10:41 AM)tim Wrote: This is another piece from Dr Christopher Kerr's (and associates) work with the dying at Buffalo Hospice, New York State. In 10 years, he and his team have documented 14,000 cases. Eighty percent of his patients report dreams or visions (before they die)

At 6.09 the news journalist asks the question, "Why is it we're not hearing more about this ?" I think I've got an idea why Wink

I skimmed through the comments, there were some describing their own experiences which were interesting. A fair amount of nonsense there too, such as "DMT is also nicknamed ‘the God particle’, and for good reason". What has the Higgs boson got to so with this?
[-] The following 2 users Like Typoz's post:
  • OmniVersalNexus, tim
(2019-03-01, 12:04 PM)Typoz Wrote: I skimmed through the comments, there were some describing their own experiences which were interesting. A fair amount of nonsense there too, such as "DMT is also nicknamed ‘the God particle’, and for good reason". What has the Higgs boson got to so with this?

Sounds as though they were getting it mixed up with the "spirit molecule".
[-] The following 2 users Like Guest's post:
  • OmniVersalNexus, Typoz
(2019-03-01, 12:04 PM)Typoz Wrote: I skimmed through the comments, there were some describing their own experiences which were interesting. A fair amount of nonsense there too, such as "DMT is also nicknamed ‘the God particle’, and for good reason". What has the Higgs boson got to so with this?

Nothing as far as I know, Typoz. I hadn't read the comments but I did find this one particularly enlightening :/ 

Larry Matters says:
February 27, 2019 at 10:21 AM
Almost everyone “goes” to Heaven – but most get “turned away at the gate” (“Depart from Me, I never knew you!”) – – – – However, people that have “pledged” to Satan, don’t even get to see Heaven’s Gate

Cheers, Larry that's just fab !
(This post was last modified: 2019-03-02, 01:51 PM by tim.)
[-] The following 3 users Like tim's post:
  • OmniVersalNexus, Enrique Vargas, Typoz
(2019-02-28, 10:41 AM)tim Wrote: This is another piece from Dr Christopher Kerr's (and associates) work with the dying at Buffalo Hospice, New York State. In 10 years, he and his team have documented 14,000 cases. Eighty percent of his patients report dreams or visions (before they die)

More on Dr. Kerr ...

https://www.dailygrail.com/2019/02/soon-...-patients/
I do not make any clear distinction between mind and God. God is what mind becomes when it has passed beyond the scale of our comprehension.
Freeman Dyson
[-] The following 5 users Like Kamarling's post:
  • OmniVersalNexus, tim, Vortex, Typoz, Doug
(2019-03-02, 08:40 PM)Kamarling Wrote: More on Dr. Kerr ...

https://www.dailygrail.com/2019/02/soon-...-patients/

I was just going to post this, yet you were the first, Kamarling.

Anyway, here is an interview with Kerr about his work:

Man is a rational animal who always loses his temper when he is called upon to act in accordance with the dictates of reason.
—Oscar Wilde
[-] The following 3 users Like Vortex's post:
  • tim, Typoz, Doug
Courtesy of the SPR Facebook page - here's a short documentary by Keith Parsons entitled "Book Tests pointing to Survival after Death":
  • Ninshub, Doug
And here's another by Parsons entitled "Oscar Wilde: Dead or Alive?":
  • Ninshub, Typoz
(2019-04-06, 07:39 AM)Chris Wrote: And here's another by Parsons entitled "Oscar Wilde: Dead or Alive?":

Interestingly, there's a chapter on these Wilde scripts in the SPR Proceedings volume "Dr Soal: A Psychic Enigma" by Donald West and Betty Markwick, which has just appeared. Most of the scripts were produced by automatic writing by Samuel Soal, under the pseudonym "Mr V", with the assistance of Hester Dowden and later others. Some others were produced by Hester Dowden herself using a form of Ouija board.

There was actually a controversy between Soal's version of Wilde - which announced that there was only one Oscar Wilde and Soal was his prophet - and Mrs Dowden's version - which assured her that Soal was only a tool, and she was "the light that lets me peep into the world"!

West and Markwick conclude that this was unlikely to be genuine communication from the deceased Oscar Wilde, but was probably either fraud or cryptomnesia - or some mixture of the two. Soal himself, writing as "Mr V" in 1929, gave this opinion: "If I did not know the truth about these scripts, and were compelled to choose between conscious fraud and cryptomnesia, I should have to stake on fraud."

I am looking forward to reading West's and Markwick's conclusions about Soal's activities as a whole.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Guest's post:
  • Typoz

• View a Printable Version