Flat Earth theory

43 Replies, 5576 Views

(2017-11-14, 11:35 PM)Paul C. Anagnostopoulos Wrote: Is this any crazier than chemtrails, hollow Earth, or homeopathy?

~~ Paul

Maybe the latter two since chemtrails and geoengineering are actually a thing:

https://www.corbettreport.com/?s=chemtrails

Citations included in each episode/interview.
"The cure for bad information is more information."
(2017-11-14, 11:35 PM)Paul C. Anagnostopoulos Wrote: Is this any crazier than chemtrails, hollow Earth, or homeopathy?

~~ Paul

Tons.

If the chemtrailers, most who have good intentions matched with crappy chemistry, used mono-atomic Gold as one of the all-encompassing solutions to our current global warming challenges, we would see that their efforts are properly placed.

Hollow Earth? Hundreds of recounts of visiting this 'hollow earth'...which has been confused with jumping through inner Earth portals and shifting to realities parallel. Liars? Not so much as confused. Ask Corey Goode.

Homeopathy? Another tool, if it works for you, and many of the protocols do for me, fine. If not, find another tool but crazy? Tongue 

It's dark under that mushroom, Paul. Seek ye the light.

[Image: img_1916-1.jpg]
(2017-11-15, 06:08 PM)Pssst Wrote: Tons.

If the chemtrailers, most who have good intentions matched with crappy chemistry, used mono-atomic Gold as one of the all-encompassing solutions to our current global warming challenges, we would see that their efforts are properly placed.

Hollow Earth? Hundreds of recounts of visiting this 'hollow earth'...which has been confused with jumping through inner Earth portals and shifting to realities parallel. Liars? Not so much as confused. Ask Corey Goode.

Homeopathy? Another tool, if it works for you, and many of the protocols do for me, fine. If not, find another tool but crazy? Tongue 

It's dark under that mushroom, Paul. Seek ye the light.

[Image: img_1916-1.jpg]

Gonna back any of that up with evidence? Y'know, like I did for chemtrails? Or is this just more substanceless fluff attached to an insult?

Got some chemistry papers, engineering proofs, or anything to back up your monotomic gold claims?

Corey Goode is far from a reliable source on anything, even from within the forum circles he travelled: http://www.oom2.com/t46815-more-on-the-t...orey-goode

Got any evidence that homeopathy produces effects greater than the placebo effect alone? Y'know, to show it's not just the placebo effect?
"The cure for bad information is more information."
Flat earth theory is in my opinion, a result of taking an idea too far, plus not understanding some observable facts about our physical world. 

When an officer on the bridge of a ship takes a bearing on a lighthouse for example, and is sailing away from this lighthouse, he can observe it disappear below the horizon. You can look at a nautical chart and it will tell you for a specific lighthouse, the maximum distance you can observe it to. This is because the earth is an oblate spheroid and not flat. 

I can kind of understand the reasoning of flat earth types. Not wanting to believe something is true just because someone said so can be a good thing. But you can prove it to yourself if you really want to (though I suspect that someone who is invested in a flat earth theory will simply just find a way around the lighthouse fact).

In any case, when push comes to shove, people can believe what they want to, as long as they stay off the bridge of a ship!  Wink
(This post was last modified: 2017-11-15, 08:47 PM by diverdown.)
(2017-11-15, 08:46 PM)diverdown Wrote: I can kind of understand the reasoning of flat earth types. Not wanting to believe something is true just because someone said so can be a good thing. But you can prove it to yourself if you really want to (though I suspect that someone who is invested in a flat earth theory will simply just find a way around the lighthouse fact).

https://wiki.tfes.org/Sinking_Ship_Effect  Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes Guest's post:
  • diverdown
Seems to me that Flat Earth belief has been given more publicity than it deserves probably due to the fact that skeptics love to use it to create a category. So anything that they wish to dismiss or ridicule gets to reside in the Flat Earth category, per the example given in this thread by Paul.

I have to admit that I have never read anything coming from the "believers" because I always thought it was some kind of satirical device - that nobody seriously believed the Earth is flat.
I do not make any clear distinction between mind and God. God is what mind becomes when it has passed beyond the scale of our comprehension.
Freeman Dyson
[-] The following 4 users Like Kamarling's post:
  • Valmar, Typoz, diverdown, Reece
I've known the same amount of flat-earthers as I have Nazis: a big fat zero. I don't even know anyone that knows anyone.
(This post was last modified: 2017-11-15, 09:19 PM by Reece. Edit Reason: Word use )
[-] The following 1 user Likes Reece's post:
  • Doug
(2017-11-15, 09:18 PM)Reece Wrote: I've known the same amount of flat-earthers as I have Nazis: a big fat zero. I don't even know anyone that knows anyone.

No way the Earth is flat. I was told by my 6th grade middle school teacher in Chancellorsville VA that the Earth was a globe that spun around so fast we were stuck to the Earth by centripetal force aka gravity.

Surprise Confused Rolleyes

LOL
I think the earth appears to be an oblate spheroid. What is it in reality? Anyone's guess.
(2017-11-15, 09:54 PM)Pssst Wrote: No way the Earth is flat. I was told by my 6th grade middle school teacher in Chancellorsville VA that the Earth was a globe that spun around so fast we were stuck to the Earth by centripetal force aka gravity.

Surprise Confused Rolleyes

LOL

Does that mean if you go to the South Pole you fly off into space?

• View a Printable Version