Even After $100 Billion, Self-Driving Cars Are Going Nowhere

151 Replies, 6483 Views

(2024-07-28, 06:12 AM)Sciborg_S_Patel Wrote: Oh I have no credentials, no account.

But yeah it's not working anymore...only thin[g] I can think of is a friend or family member logged in with their access at some point and it was still on or I got a free article temporarily.

Curious. Yep, I guess it must have been something like one of those explanations.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Laird's post:
  • Sciborg_S_Patel
Driverless Waymo cars still honking despite software fix

Amy Larson, Lezla Gooden

Quote:Every day, Waymo’s driverless autonomous vehicles gather in the parking lot on 2nd and Harrison streets to park in-between rides and recharge. Periodically, the high-tech vehicles start honking at each other.

Humans who live in apartment buildings next door said overnight and early morning honking is too loud to sleep through. Since the issue began on July 28, Waymo’s engineers have updated their software at least twice trying to fix the problem. But last weekend, the honking returned. 

Resident Sophia Tung devised a tech-centric response after she was woken up around 5 a.m. by a chorus of car horns. She created a 24-hour livestream with two cameras pointed at the parking lot.

The stream, titled “LoFi Waymo Hip Hop Radio Self Driving Taxi Depot Shenanigans To Relax/Study To,” has attracted a global following. Viewers from as far away as Europe watched the parking lot stream on Monday.
'Historically, we may regard materialism as a system of dogma set up to combat orthodox dogma...Accordingly we find that, as ancient orthodoxies disintegrate, materialism more and more gives way to scepticism.'

- Bertrand Russell

[-] The following 2 users Like Sciborg_S_Patel's post:
  • Typoz, Brian

• View a Printable Version