Latest Updated Threads

 | Latest Created Threads

| External Feeds

Howdy y'all


Member introductions    No Replies

Hurmanetar, 2017-08-14, 10:37 PM

I'm excited about the new forum! Feels a little like we just went through a church schism or something... lol

About me:
Hurmanetar - "her-man-eh-tar" (call me Hurm)... a celtic superhero version of Gilgamesh from the Kolbrin - the "lightbringer" mountain man and all-around badass driven by curio

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Gaia.com anyone?


Spirituality and magic forum: science and practice    5 Replies

Kamarling, 2017-08-14, 10:19 PM

I recently took out a 3 month subscription to Gaia.com mainly because someone I know recommended it. However, I've still to make up my mind about it and, at the moment, I can't see myself extending the 3 month trial period. So I thought I'd ask if anyone here subscribes and, if so, what do you think

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

"Other Stuff" subforum - what would you like to see threre?


Feedback and announcements    3 Replies

Vortex, 2017-08-14, 08:12 PM

I want to ask: what will other members like to see in the "Other Stuff" subforum?

Will the politics / economy / society topics be accepted - for example, a thread about recent threatening situation around North Korea, or the growing Left-Right tension and conflict in the USA? Or we're already fed w

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

"Resources" Tag


Introduction, rules, and guides    2 Replies

Sci, 2017-08-14, 06:55 PM

So on the old forum the way this was handled, and it seemed to work reasonably well, is that in a thread marked "Resources" you have 3-5 posts for back & forth but after that discussion should be moved to a new thread with a link so people can join in if they desire.

I liked this because it didn'

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Hello from Will


Member introductions    No Replies

Will, 2017-08-14, 06:41 PM

What the subject said  Smile


  Open Thread

The Science & Mysticism of Dreams [Resources]


Consciousness science forum    8 Replies

Sci, 2017-08-14, 05:36 PM

Psychologist Patrick McNamara on the science of dreams.

[color=#141414][size=small]I love that in his study of dreams he's come to realize that something interesting is going on with precognitive dreams that is worth investigatin

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Eric Weiss's Metaphysics for a Reality that contains Physical & Spirit Aspects


Philosophy of mind forum    7 Replies

Sci, 2017-08-14, 05:34 PM

Eric Weiss' The Long Trajectory (Psi, Reincarnation, Afterlife, etc)

Free Draft Version

[quote]
A philosophical walk through of why immaterialism, as based around the id

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

A home page


Feedback and announcements    3 Replies

DaveB, 2017-08-14, 05:07 PM

I think this forum needs a home page to tell people what it is about. Newcomers (as opposed to ex-SKEPTIKO members) would find this useful I think in order to decide whether to join.

We might also get people like Rupert Sheldrake to link to us.

David


  Open Thread

Purpose of this new forum


Feedback and announcements    12 Replies

jkmac, 2017-08-14, 05:00 PM

OK,, 
So I got the invite and here I am.

But I'm in the dark about why this forum was created. I mean,,, what the purpose?

I'm assuming there was some hubub at the Skeptiko site that I missed?

Although I liked the Skeptiko site, I bailed many months ago due to some stuff that went on that

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Hello from Stan Woolley


Member introductions    11 Replies

Stan Woolley, 2017-08-14, 03:39 PM

Hi to all, I was Steve in the Skeptiko, but I prefer the anonymity of Stan, plus the character of Stan Woolley is more to my egos liking, he's a character in a book that I once read, called Goshawk Squadron, given to me by a treasured friend. 

I hope that this forum brings much joy/education to a

» READ MORE


  Open Thread