Latest Updated Threads

 | Latest Created Threads

| External Feeds

The criticism that there is no reliably reproducible demonstration of psi


Skeptic vs. proponent discussion    96 Replies

Chris, 2017-08-14, 12:05 PM

A criticism often made by sceptics is that after a century or so of experimental psi research, there is still no reliably reproducible demonstration that psi exists.

I wonder if people think that's a fair criticism.

[size=small]If not, can people suggest a

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Telekinesis Experiments


Members' experiments    5 Replies

diverdown, 2017-08-14, 08:17 AM

Good day all!


One day, whilst browsing for information on Telekinesis (TK), I came across a fellow named Sean McNamara who had some interesting videos to show people on the subject.




If you have a look at his chann

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Hello from lurker from Skeptiko!


Member introductions    7 Replies

diverdown, 2017-08-14, 07:31 AM

Hello all,

I was disappointed to see the Skeptiko forums cut back as it were, even as a lurker, so it has made me move my lazy ass to create an account here!

The amount of information, along with the excellent atmosphere of posting to be had, was in my experience, really quite rare for the int

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Upcoming Events


Ghost, poltergeist, and spirit forum    5 Replies

Doug, 2017-08-14, 04:08 AM

Please post links to upcoming events here.

[Also note that as of early 2020, upcoming events posted here are also being added to our Psience News pages and to our calendar --La

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Apparitions, Hauntings & Poltergeists Text Resources Thread


Ghost, poltergeist, and spirit forum    51 Replies

Doug, 2017-08-14, 04:07 AM

Please post links to text files (journal papers, Web articles, etc.) here.


  Open Thread

Apparitions, Hauntings & Poltergeists Multimedia Resources Thread


Ghost, poltergeist, and spirit forum    16 Replies

Doug, 2017-08-14, 04:05 AM

Please post links to multimedia files (videos, podcasts, etc.) here.


  Open Thread

Do you guys want interviews?


Feedback and announcements    50 Replies

Sci, 2017-08-14, 01:51 AM

Is this for discussing Skeptiko eps or do you want to have interviews ourselves?

Because I feel like a few of us can probably ask some spiritual practitioners, scientists, philosophers, and parapsychologists to come talk to us?

-Sci


  Open Thread

Seeking the Good


Spirituality and magic forum: science and practice    1 Replies

Sci, 2017-08-14, 01:28 AM

Is there a God, a Benevolence, a Platonic Form that is aligned with the moral principles we associate with The Good?

"We stood across from each other like two libertines.

I think it was then that I told him truly why I was not on his side -

[i] Because the Good was more of an

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

A probabilistic argument against deniers of the paranormal


Skeptic vs. proponent discussion    7 Replies

Laird, 2017-08-14, 12:20 AM

I composed the first draft of this post a few weeks back, and, curiously, not long after (a few days), I saw David B make a similar albeit much briefer argument in the middle of a thread on Skeptiko... David, I haven't cribbed your notes!

Here, I am using "paranormal" as a shorthand for everythin

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Why Science Needs Metaphysics


Connected philosophy forum (metaphysics, ontology, theology, ethics)    No Replies

Kamarling, 2017-08-14, 12:12 AM




  Open Thread