Latest Updated Threads

 | Latest Created Threads

| External Feeds

Flatliners


General off-topic forum    21 Replies

E. Flowers, 2017-09-19, 01:08 AM



This (rather cartoonish) film is being released in a couple of weeks. I believe, but am not sure, that it is the remake of a 1990s Kevin Bacon thriller. Anyways, beyond all the BS that comes with any Hollywood cash grab, do you see th

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Columbo Goes to the Guillotine (1989)


General off-topic forum    No Replies

Chris, 2017-09-18, 10:24 PM

This one has it all!

A fake psychic, having an affair with a fraudulent parapsychologist, murders a sceptical magician (known as Max the Magnificent) before being recruited by the government as a remote viewer. But he's reckoned without Columbo, who debunks the remote viewing experiment and then

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Octlantis is a just-discovered underwater city engineered by octopuses


Connected science forum (evolution, ID, cosmology, fine-tuning, quantum mechanics)    6 Replies

Sci, 2017-09-18, 09:28 PM

Octlantis is a just-discovered underwater city engineered by octopuses

[quote]
Gloomy octopuses—also known as [url=https://australianmuseum.net.au/c

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Posting on iPad


Feedback and announcements    10 Replies

Obiwan, 2017-09-18, 02:12 PM

Apologies if this is in the wrong place or had been reported already. 

I have noticed that when I type replies on my iPad it seems to be ok for a short while then become slower and slower at echoing back the characters. If I delete a character when this happens, it seems to keep deleting until th

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

VIDEOS: Strange, Mysterious, Haunted, Unexplained, Funny, Weird


General off-topic forum    19 Replies

Pollux, 2017-09-18, 02:17 AM

We had a similar thread on the old forum, and I thought we might as well have one here too -
A thread for all these Strange, Mysterious, Haunted, Unexplained, Funny, Weird, Hilarious, Educational, "Outrageous"-videos that one run across on YouTube. Often there are these

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Coffin Births


General off-topic forum    2 Replies

Steve001, 2017-09-17, 11:41 PM

Here's a video describing post mortem births.
https://youtu.be/UEq-lFPZgIw


  Open Thread

Random listing of personal experiences, mine & others


Members' general personal experiences    10 Replies

Sci, 2017-09-17, 08:03 PM

My whole life has felt as a personal evidence marker - convincing to few beyond myself but incredibly compelling to me. In childhood it seemed to me there was a softness between this world & the world of dreams.  I believe I received a birthmark (that's now faded almost completely) in a dream when I

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

A Novel Argument Against Identity Theories


Philosophy of mind forum    No Replies

Sci, 2017-09-17, 07:50 PM

A Novel Argument Against Identity Theories

[quote]
[color=#222222][size=small][font="arial, sans-serif"]Many of us sense that there is a conceptual obstacle to physicalism being true. It strikes us that there i

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Improvisation: The Astonishing Bridge to Our Inner Music


Philosophy of mind forum    No Replies

Sci, 2017-09-17, 06:48 PM

Improvisation: The Astonishing Bridge to Our Inner Music

[quote]
Musical improvisation is the expressive capacity of a performer fostered by access to their own “productive” (creative) or “reprod

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Two types of edit!


Feedback and announcements    1 Replies

DaveB, 2017-09-17, 06:40 PM

To whom it may concern,

Do we really need two types of edit - quick and full - when we want to edit one of our posts? The extra choice seems pretty pointless, and often I find that the 'edit' button is at the bottom of the screen, and its dropdown menu is invisible!

Of course, I don't know if

» READ MORE


  Open Thread