Latest Updated Threads

 | Latest Created Threads

| External Feeds

Alien eyes


Out-of-body experience (OBE), astral travel, and lucid dream forum    No Replies

jkmac, 2017-10-19, 01:07 PM

Hey Pssst or any others who might know-

Yesterday I read this post of some OBE/lucid dreams. The poster is obviously interested in Bashar. She specifically talks about the nature of the eyes of a being that she encountered. 

Wondered if you had any comments. If so, I'll pass along to her. 



» READ MORE


  Open Thread

The theory that quantum correlations are more fundamental than space-time:


Connected science forum (evolution, ID, cosmology, fine-tuning, quantum mechanics)    1 Replies

Sci, 2017-10-19, 01:51 AM

The theory that quantum correlations are more fundamental than space-time

https://www.quantamagazine.org/time-enta...s-20160119


[quote]
[color=#1a1a1a][size=medium][font="Merriweather, Georgia, serif"][i]Bizarre quantu

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Woodward/Mach Effect propulsion


Off-topic mainstream science forum    1 Replies

E. Flowers, 2017-10-18, 08:39 PM

NBF has been running a few articles about this technology, which is basically the direct competition to the (much more publicized) EMDrive:


https://www.nextbigfuture.com/2017/10/ma...ation.html

https://www.nextbigfuture.com/2017/10

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

An 18th-century apparition


Ghost, poltergeist, and spirit forum    2 Replies

Chris, 2017-10-18, 07:40 PM

Courtesy of the SPR Facebook page, here is a report of an apparition seen in 1713 at Castle Hedingham, Essex, in a letter written by Nicholas Jekyll. It is Essex Record Office's "Document of the Month":
http://www.essexrecordofficeblog.co.uk/d...ng-at-cast

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Materialism as a religion


Connected philosophy forum (metaphysics, ontology, theology, ethics)    114 Replies

nbtruthman, 2017-10-17, 06:39 PM

I debated whether to put this in Philosophical Discussions or Other Topics. Philosophy won, but I guess I can move it if necessary.

Physicist Sean Carroll recently came out with a new book, The Big Picture: On the Origins of Life, Meaning, and the Universe Itself (https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Things may be stored differently from the way I experience them


Connected philosophy forum (metaphysics, ontology, theology, ethics)    11 Replies

Max_B, 2017-10-17, 05:20 PM

For some months I've been living with the idea, that something information-like underlies my everyday experience, and that this information is stored quite differently from the way I experience it.

I've struggled with a way to introduce the subject on here, but I've failed to come up with any ea

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Evidence Vs Desire


Skeptic vs. proponent discussion    5 Replies

Mediochre, 2017-10-16, 04:55 AM

I personally never cared too much about evidence in terms of choosing what I wanted to focus on in life. I decided instead that if I wanted something I'd just work for it until I had it. Regardless of how crazy it seemed or how little evidence currently existed for it. And as a result I've learned q

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Collective Paranormal Experiences


Psi research forum (ESP and psychokinesis)    2 Replies

Sci, 2017-10-15, 06:29 PM

Collective Paranormal Experiences

https://paranormalandsociety.wordpress.c...periences/

[quote]
[color=#303030][size=medium]There are numerous explanations and theories regarding why paranormal experiences occur, and what they may be. Believers in the supern

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Origin Of The Veil Between The Worlds


Spirituality and magic forum: science and practice    No Replies

Sci, 2017-10-14, 04:40 PM

Origin Of The Veil Between The Worlds

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/matauryn/20...Bf1VWy4.99

[quote]
[color=#000000][size=large][font="Vollkorn, Palatino, Georgia, serif"]An occultist tries to have on foot in each world, aiming to lift, render, or pier

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Native American Consciousness and Spirituality [Resources]


Spirituality and magic forum: science and practice    No Replies

Sci, 2017-10-14, 03:51 PM

A continuation of this thread by Michael2

- | - | -

UC Berkeley Uses Optical Scanning to Recover Indigenous Voices from Wax Cylinders

https://hyperallergic.com/397995/wax-cylinder-optic

» READ MORE


  Open Thread