Latest Updated Threads

 | Latest Created Threads

| External Feeds

Interview with Dr. Henry Bauer - Part 1


Off-topic mainstream science forum    132 Replies

Vortex, 2017-10-13, 06:33 PM

INTERVIEW WITH DR. HENRY BAUER. PART 1: UNDERSTANDING SCIENCE

 
[align=justify][b][size=medium][font="Constantia"][color=#000000]Vortex:

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

100th Anniversary Of The Miracle Of The Sun


Spirituality and magic forum: science and practice    1 Replies

Sci, 2017-10-13, 12:45 AM

100th Anniversary Of The Miracle Of The Sun

https://runesoup.com/2017/10/100th-anniv...f-the-sun/

[quote]
[color=#424b52][size=medium]Friday the 13th of October is the one hundredth anniversary of the Miracle of the Sun -one of the most remarkable High Strange events ever

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Mediochre and Dreamsoap's Story


Members' general personal experiences    8 Replies

Mediochre, 2017-10-12, 09:17 PM

[size=small]Dreamsoap and I thought we would do a big megathread where we each give our personal takes on our stories. My version will be posted here and hers will be posted in the first reply. We will edit in new information as we post it. I don't think either of us expect anyone to take what we sa

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

How we found out evolution is true


General off-topic forum    3 Replies

Steve001, 2017-10-12, 12:23 AM

A TEDx lecture.
https://youtu.be/18YwBwIK_no


  Open Thread

Johnny Coulon - the Unliftable Man!


General paranormal phenomena forum    4 Replies

Chris, 2017-10-11, 03:54 PM

I was interested to see this blog post on Johnny Coulon, a retired boxer, who made money by challenging people to lift him off the ground. Apparently it was all done by pressing against the person's vagus nerve:
http://spookology.net/2016/05/02/the-sec...table-man/

But

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

The Cage at St Osyth: a nineteenth-century medieval witch prison


General off-topic forum    9 Replies

Chris, 2017-10-11, 01:15 PM

I'm posting this under "Other Stuff" because it doesn't really have anything to do with the paranormal. 

The Cage in St Osyth, Essex, is a former village lock-up which is currently being marketed as a paranormal venue. It's claimed as another in the series of "Most Haunted Houses in England", and i

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Tools and Techniques for change of perspective


Out-of-body experience (OBE), astral travel, and lucid dream forum    3 Replies

jkmac, 2017-10-11, 12:27 PM

Rather than argue incessantly about whether this non-physical aspect of our reality is real (it is, I have no doubt what-so-ever), I'd rather leave that task to those who think it is worthwhile time expenditure, while I try and pursue other more constructive topics.   Thumbs Up

Talking and rea

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Tom DeLonge Article


UFO/UAP forum    6 Replies

chuck, 2017-10-11, 12:03 PM

I didn't want to muck up the resources thread. This thread is to discuss the recent article and Tom Delonge's projects in general.

Article--> https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ins...mg00000003

[quote]

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Why do you seriously consider psi?


Skeptic vs. proponent discussion    29 Replies

fls, 2017-10-11, 11:48 AM

I put up this survey to get a rough idea of the main reason(s) people believe in psi. The poll questions are based on what people have said on the Skeptiko forum over the years. But if your reason is different, I also put in "Other". Please explain why, if you use this option.


This doesn't just

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Interview with Dr. Edward Kelly


General parapsychology    No Replies

Doug, 2017-10-11, 03:21 AM

Stuart Preston of the Consciousness Podcast interviews Dr. Edward Kelly about his work in parapsychology and survival studies:

http://theconsciousnesspodcast.com/episo...ard-kelly/


(Thanks to [url=http://www.skeptiko-forum.com/threads/uvas-ed-kelly-on-the-cons

» READ MORE


  Open Thread