Latest Updated Threads

 | Latest Created Threads

| External Feeds

Advanced Aviation Threat Identification Program UFO's


Skeptic vs. proponent discussion    2 Replies

Steve001, 2017-12-16, 11:25 PM

[quote]


For five years, from 2007 to 2012, the Pentagon ran a $22 million program that investigated reports of UFOs. The program investigated accounts by military personnel and commercial pilots who witnessed unidentified aircraft that appeared to move or hover without visible signs of propuls

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Glowing Auras and ‘Black Money’: The Pentagon’s Mysterious U.F.O. Program


UFO/UAP forum    82 Replies

Ninshub, 2017-12-16, 06:08 PM

New York Times article from today:

Glowing Auras and ‘Black Money’: The Pentagon’s Mysterious U.F.O. Program

(see video: A [url=https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/100000005607812/look-at-that-th

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Telepathy test: which number did I write?


Psi research forum (ESP and psychokinesis)    38 Replies

Michel H, 2017-12-16, 02:54 PM

I recently wrote and surrounded one of the four numbers: "1", "2", "3", "4" on my paper. 

I ask you to say here which of these numbers I wrote. 

[color=#141414]Thank you for participating.[/c

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Unexplained death by fire in London


General paranormal phenomena forum    9 Replies

Chris, 2017-12-16, 10:04 AM

Courtesy of the Daily Grail, here's a report of a man apparently catching fire as he walked along a street in London. He later died in hospital. No obvious reason was found for the fire:
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/m...down-stree

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Hypnotherapy


General paranormal phenomena forum    4 Replies

Chris, 2017-12-15, 05:39 PM

Continuing the discussion from http://psiencequest.net/forums/thread-an...rgy-healer (where it was off-topic) ...

[quote='Chris' pid='12263' dateline='1513255346']
There is a reference to a report in the Medical Journal of Australia of the use of hypnosis as the sole anaesthetic for a

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Anyone read Billy Fingers?


Afterlife contact forum (deathbed visions, ADC, mediumship)    9 Replies

Kamarling, 2017-12-14, 10:00 PM

In a conversation today a friend asked whether I had read "The Afterlife of Billy Fingers". I searched and found that JKMac also mentioned it in a post but he's no longer posting here. 

Has anyone read it and,

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Greetings everyone!


Member introductions    4 Replies

tarantulanebula, 2017-12-14, 06:00 AM

I come here too late, I should have come here several months ago.

But I was at a crucial job determination and was in a severely deep depression mood that time.

Around June ~ July of this year - 2017 which is going to end at the time of my writing this, I made a decision to enter a new company

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

Vaccines


General off-topic forum    206 Replies

Reece, 2017-12-14, 02:38 AM

Vaccines and the CDC were subjects of conversations for a while at Skeptiko . . . so I thought I'd mention for those interested with Amazon Prime that Vaxxed (a documentary on the subject) is available now for free.  (Maybe it's been for some time and I just didn't know).  I found it a great watch. 

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

The vegetable kingdom


General paranormal phenomena forum    No Replies

Chris, 2017-12-14, 12:35 AM

Courtesy of the Daily Grail, two articles about unexplained behaviour in plants.

A longer one from Aeon about the possibility of memory, learning and thought in plants:
https://aeon.co/essays/beyond-the-animal...cities-too

And a shorter one from Science Alert abo

» READ MORE


  Open Thread

AI Won't Save Us From Pointless Jobs Unless We Let It [ARTICLE]


Connected philosophy forum (metaphysics, ontology, theology, ethics)    9 Replies

Mediochre, 2017-12-13, 09:03 PM

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sap/2017/12...8741465923

[quote]
[size=small]In his amusing but all-too-real essay [url=http://strikemag.org/bullshit-jobs/][color=#003891][font=Georgia, Ca

» READ MORE


  Open Thread