What are you listening to?

366 Replies, 44072 Views

'Historically, we may regard materialism as a system of dogma set up to combat orthodox dogma...Accordingly we find that, as ancient orthodoxies disintegrate, materialism more and more gives way to scepticism.'

- Bertrand Russell

[-] The following 1 user Likes Brian's post:
  • Sciborg_S_Patel
"They won't believe that these old hags can still win something!"

Quote:Polyphony Project proudly presents the archives of a disappearing European heritage created in order to preserve the living tradition of Ukrainian vocal music.

Our mission involves recording the intangible heritage of rural Ukraine in state-of- the-art sound and image quality, launching the archives and implementing online learning functions in order to integrate the knowledge accumulated by generations into modern society.
(This post was last modified: 2018-05-10, 10:32 AM by Typoz.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Typoz's post:
  • Sciborg_S_Patel, Laird
Oh, man. When they started singing! The harmonies!
(This post was last modified: 2018-05-10, 11:53 AM by Laird.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Laird's post:
  • Sciborg_S_Patel, Typoz
'Historically, we may regard materialism as a system of dogma set up to combat orthodox dogma...Accordingly we find that, as ancient orthodoxies disintegrate, materialism more and more gives way to scepticism.'

- Bertrand Russell

Chris Carter, therefore Neal Grossman, therefore what deep NDErs have to say, cumulatively.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hjortron's post:
  • Laird
(2018-05-10, 10:24 AM)Typoz Wrote: "They won't believe that these old hags can still win something!"

I can't say I necessarily enjoy all of this music, but I just noticed that over the past week, the polyphonyproject youtube channel has grown from having three or four introductory videos, now there are several hundred! This is a serious archival project.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Typoz's post:
  • Laird
(2018-05-22, 01:24 PM)Typoz Wrote: I can't say I necessarily enjoy all of this music

So far everything I've listened to on the channel has affected me profoundly. Very glad you put me onto this music.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Laird's post:
  • Typoz
(2018-05-22, 02:43 PM)Laird Wrote: So far everything I've listened to on the channel has affected me profoundly. Very glad you put me onto this music.

I'm happy to hear that.
  • Laird
A bit of 1920s style Madonna?

More of Gunhild:

• Laird

• View a Printable Version