Search Results
    Thread: Why did no one ever win the Randi Million Dollar Challenge?
Post: RE: Why did no one ever win the Randi Million Doll...

Sciborg_S_Patel Wrote: (2023-09-25, 02:49 AM) -- Just look at history - some of the most supposedly ardent believers of a faith are the most zealous about persecuting heretics. -- I don't think thi...
Posted by Wanderer in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2023-09-28, 07:33 PM
 1,903     49
    Thread: Why did no one ever win the Randi Million Dollar Challenge?
Post: RE: Why did no one ever win the Randi Million Doll...

RViewer88 Wrote: (2023-09-26, 02:31 AM) -- With respect to Lulova, there is good evidence for "eyeless sight" from a few paradigms, such as the following: https://psi-encyclopedia.spr.ac.uk/articles/...
Posted by Wanderer in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2023-09-28, 07:27 PM
 1,903     49
    Thread: Indridi Indridason's contact with Emil Jensen

One thing that I have been thinking about is whether there could have been any possibility that the Copenhagen fire case could be a fraud created after the news about the fire came to Iceland with the...
 3,955     123

I can understand why many people would think that a medium that once cheats is always a cheater, but consider this: If the investigator has not done everything necessary to make commiting fraud an imp...
 3,955     123

RViewer88 Wrote: (2023-08-26, 05:16 AM) -- Most researchers of mediumship regard the "spirit controls" not as spirits at all but expressions of the medium's unconscious mind. This is because almost n...
 3,955     123

RViewer88 Wrote: (2023-08-24, 03:52 AM) -- There is one very interesting fact I only just now appreciate the significance of. Kvaran in 1910 and possibly Nielsson in 1922 stated that Jensen manufactu...
 3,955     123

RViewer88 Wrote: (2023-08-24, 03:52 AM) -- Something that undermines the cryptomnesia possibility is that Indridi didn't know Danish other than being able to speak a few words. Since he was in Icelan...
 3,955     123

RViewer88 Wrote: (2023-08-24, 03:09 AM) -- Thanks for figuring that out. The original Marcus translation seemed to make sense because one of Jensen's sisters had the name Julie, so the idea that one ...
 3,955     123

RViewer88 Wrote: (2023-08-24, 02:41 AM) -- Something no one has mentioned yet but that creates a gigantic problem for the idea that Indridi proponents were helping him commit fraud is the fact that o...
 3,955     123

RViewer88 Wrote: (2023-08-24, 02:41 AM) -- Something no one has mentioned yet but that creates a gigantic problem for the idea that Indridi proponents were helping him commit fraud is the fact that o...
 3,955     123

nbtruthman Wrote: (2023-08-25, 02:55 PM) -- What about Julie Beischel's successful mediumistic communication experiments with certain high performing mediums using extremely controlled conditions, an...
 3,955     123

Sciborg_S_Patel Wrote: (2023-08-25, 02:18 PM) -- But I don't think we're discussing genetics as a scientific field, more Mendel's potential fraud while still providing some evidence. I don't think...
 3,955     123

MarcusF Wrote: (2023-08-25, 02:09 PM) -- I think that genetics and mediumship can't be put in the same basket. That is why I think the analogy is bad. If I was wrong, I think that we wouldn't be havi...
 3,955     123

MarcusF Wrote: (2023-08-25, 06:30 AM) -- Mendel didn't claim that spirits of ancestors are behind his explanation of genetics... False analogy. -- I don't get why the analogy is false? Because late...
 3,955     123

MarcusF Wrote: (2023-08-23, 06:46 AM) -- Regarding the street where Jensen lived, I think that during his lifetime he changed his place of living in the city five or six times (can't remember correct...
 3,955     123
    Thread: Human memory may be unreliable after just a few seconds, scientists find
Post: RE: Human memory may be unreliable after just a fe...

As RViewer88 pointed out, such studies greatly exaggerate the unreliability of memory and in themselves exhibit great unreliability. The replication crisis in psychology research is an indication of b...
Posted by nbtruthman in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2023-08-23, 02:33 AM
 808     12
    Thread: Human memory may be unreliable after just a few seconds, scientists find
Post: RE: Human memory may be unreliable after just a fe...

RViewer88 Wrote: (2023-06-25, 03:32 PM) -- The idea that human memory is basically unreliable is a debunker myth that is easily refuted on the basis of recent scientific research, and yet it's likely...
Posted by Wanderer in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2023-08-22, 07:03 PM
 808     12

I just realised that the obituary translation that MarcusF posted is incorrect. I did just take a look at the obituary again and saw that it means something different. Here is the full obituary in ...
 3,955     123
    Thread: Succinct yet exhaustive list of arguments for NDEs as evidence for life after death
Post: Succinct yet exhaustive list of arguments for NDEs...

I don't know if anybody here is interested in doing this with me, maybe a collaborative effort. Through looking for a Bruce Greyson video or someone else's summarizing the science of near-death exp...
Posted by Ninshub in Near-Death Experiences (NDEs) , 2023-08-15, 03:18 PM
 680     13

By the way, an mirror of Haraldsson's old website, where most of his papers are available for download, including those about Indridi, can be found here: https://www.sterbebegleitung-jenseitskontakte....
 3,955     123