What should forum policy be on defamatory posts?

361 Replies, 42662 Views

This post has been deleted.
I don't think anyone should be banned for thoughts or positions. As long as it is understood that this isn't an appropriate forum to discuss that particular issue, I don't see a problem. I respect Vortex as a long time poster. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chuck's post:
  • Oleo
(2017-11-09, 01:17 PM)Raimo Wrote: Vortex defended pedophilia on Skeptiko forum. I reported his messages, and they got deleted.

Now he admitted to me this in a private message: "I am a child liberationist who defends consensual sex between adults and children."

I think it's obvious that he should be banned from this forum.

Defended pedo as a morally correct action or as a choice made by all parties involved? Either way, it has nothing to do with this forum. Wasn't this you who said "I support euthanasia, so I don't consider it a bad thing. I also think that in some instances abortion is the right choice."

Should the intellect of a killer be allowed on this forum?

heh
I don't have problem with the sharing of private messages if something as shocking and unfortunate as this content is disclosed. In fact, I appreciate it. That said, I certainly don't think people should be banned for their personal beliefs, even if they are in celebration of child abuse, hate crimes, etc...also, since this is the internet I think it is worth noting that this private message may or may not even be legitimate, since we don't know if this whole incident was simply motivated by a desire to smear Vortex. The internet is a fun place!
(2017-11-10, 06:46 PM)berkelon Wrote: I don't have problem with the sharing of private messages if something as shocking and unfortunate as this content is disclosed. In fact, I appreciate it. That said, I certainly don't think people should be banned for their personal beliefs, even if they are in celebration of child abuse, hate crimes, etc...also, since this is the internet I think it is worth noting that this private message may or may not even be legitimate, since we don't know if this whole incident was simply motivated by a desire to smear Vortex. The internet is a fun place!

Berkelon said > "I certainly don't think people should be banned for their personal beliefs, even if they are in celebration of child abuse, hate crimes "

I'm going to assume that you don't mean this or you've somehow written something you didn't mean to. There is no place on a forum for the celebration of child abuse ! What on earth are you thinking of.  You ought to immediately delete that post and I will delete mine.
(This post was last modified: 2017-11-10, 07:04 PM by tim.)
(2017-11-10, 07:02 PM)tim Wrote: Berkelon said > "I certainly don't think people should be banned for their personal beliefs, even if they are in celebration of child abuse, hate crimes "

I'm going to assume that you don't mean this or you've somehow written something you didn't mean to. There is no place on a forum for the celebration of child abuse ! What on earth are you thinking of.  You ought to immediately delete that post and I will delete mine.

Because if they are just beliefs, I won't ever hear about them. If they post crap like that, they should be banned immediately. I'm not interested in being the thought police. Come on, Tim, think before you post!
(This post was last modified: 2017-11-10, 07:19 PM by berkelon.)
(2017-11-10, 07:12 PM)berkelon Wrote: Because if they are just beliefs, I won't ever hear about them. If they post crap like that, they should be banned immediately. I'm not interested in being the thought police. Come on, Tim, think before you post!

You said here > "That said, I certainly don't think people should be banned for their personal beliefs, even if they are in celebration of child abuse, hate crimes,"

So you don't think people should be banned who believe in child abuse ?  Wow !  I think it's you that needs to think before you post.
(2017-11-10, 07:30 PM)tim Wrote: You said here > "That said, I certainly don't think people should be banned for their personal beliefs, even if they are in celebration of child abuse, hate crimes,"

So you don't think people should be banned who believe in child abuse ?  Wow !  I think it's you that needs to think before you post.

How would you police what people believe? If they post it, they get banned. Pretty simple. If they think it, I'm at a loss for how you would go about policing it. Bottom line, you're a troll, so I'm not going to engage with you anymore.
(2017-11-10, 07:40 PM)berkelon Wrote: How would you police what people believe? If they post it, they get banned. Pretty simple. If they think it, I'm at a loss for how you would go about policing it. Bottom line, you're a troll, so I'm not going to engage with you anymore.

You said >  "I certainly don't think people should be banned for their personal beliefs, even if they are in celebration of child abuse, hate crimes,"

That is disgusting and you ought to be ashamed of yourself ! And don't try holding up the "trolling" card to me, it's nothing to do with trolling even if I was such a character !
(This post was last modified: 2017-11-10, 07:47 PM by tim.)
Again, I applaud Raimo for revealing that one of the users is a sicko, and I think there is no place on the forum for any sort of hate speech whatsoever (I've said this since the beginning). I also don't think we should be banning people based on what they think, since I have no idea how you would even go about doing that. I now know Tim is a troll and is mostly here to just fuck with people. I appreciate this thread and can't imagine that my post could have possibly been misunderstood by anyone not living under a bridge, but in case it was, I hope this clears it up.

• View a Printable Version