What are you listening to?

371 Replies, 44708 Views

(2019-08-07, 09:40 PM)Vortex Wrote: (Sorry, but I can't find "Insert Media" button in a post menu. Where has it disappeared?!)

(2019-08-07, 10:09 PM)Laird Wrote: Hmm, it should still be there.

Ah. In trying to duplicate chuck's problem, I see that there was a Javascript issue on older browsers that prevented the button from being shown (in brief, the issue is that the code is using an arrow function which older browsers don't support). Now fixed - please try again and let me know if you still don't see the button.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Laird's post:
  • Typoz
A song which has been haunting me for a few days now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Typoz's post:
  • Stan Woolley
I'm getting (from here in Tasmania) "Video unavailable". I trust that this (which does play Down Under) is what you meant, Typoz?

[Edit: as discussed below, the problem is with embedding - this is the same video that Typoz posted, just as a link rather than an embed]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J789GId1kaY
(This post was last modified: 2019-08-24, 12:31 PM by Laird.)
(2019-08-24, 11:58 AM)Laird Wrote: I'm getting (from here in Tasmania) "Video unavailable". I trust that this (which does play Down Under) is what you meant, Typoz?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J789GId1kaY

Thanks Laird, that's the one.
It seems to be the identical link though?
(This post was last modified: 2019-08-24, 12:09 PM by Typoz.)
(2019-08-24, 12:07 PM)Typoz Wrote: It seems to be the identical link though?

Oops. Yes, it seems that it only plays on YouTube, and not when embedded - hence my confusion. I will change my previous post to provide a link rather than an embed...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Laird's post:
  • Typoz
Another one which is going around my head at the moment.
I like the whistle and subtle violin in this arrangement.
[-] The following 2 users Like Typoz's post:
  • Laird, Stan Woolley
I came across this posted on another forum by someone.

The Hu band. Mongolian heavy metal played on Mongolian instruments.

Actually I find the material a bit to macho-aggressive for my taste, but I appreciate the musical approach.
(This post was last modified: 2020-02-14, 10:44 AM by Typoz.)
'Historically, we may regard materialism as a system of dogma set up to combat orthodox dogma...Accordingly we find that, as ancient orthodoxies disintegrate, materialism more and more gives way to scepticism.'

- Bertrand Russell

A Gregorian version of Scarborough Fair by Masters of Chant:

"The cure for bad information is more information."

• View a Printable Version