Impersonating users deleted/perm-banned, including most notably "Leuders"

89 Replies, 22299 Views

(2017-09-14, 08:55 PM)E. Flowers Wrote: What on Earth did you do? Call Einstein a poser?

It was a long time ago and I can't remember the exact details, just how shocked I was at the knee-jerk response. I remember thinking that I was disappointed about that kind of treatment on a physics forum though I might have expected it on a biology forum. 

Anyhow, if memory serves, I think I asked about fine tuning in the universe and whether it suggested design. Looking back, I should have known better than to ask that question there. People who claim to just "fucking love science" seem to be remarkably closed minded.
I do not make any clear distinction between mind and God. God is what mind becomes when it has passed beyond the scale of our comprehension.
Freeman Dyson
[-] The following 6 users Like Kamarling's post:
  • OmniVersalNexus, Brian, Silence, The King in the North, E. Flowers, tim
(2017-09-11, 11:03 PM)Laird Wrote: So, who is this individual? We think best evidence points to the individual(s) described by Rome Viharo on his page, Oliver Smith’s Dark Entanglement.

An update: we now have proof (which I won't document publicly) that the culprit behind all of these socks is Oliver D. Smith. You can read more about this person and his history on this archived Encyclopedia Dramatica page: Oliver D. Smith Brothers. You can read about how the Encyclopedia Dramatica editors connected various pseudonyms to Oliver on this archived Connecting the dots page.

(2017-09-13, 07:01 PM)Pssst Wrote: I don't think there is a focal point for the forum attacks but this is the same guy/gal/team that has followed me around Usenet, now the Internet, for years. lol I understand that it is a moderation nightmare with no solid answers but it is damn funny...to me at least. I can't count the number of impersonations - and the results of them - that have occurred.

It hearts my feewings, yes it does.  Cry

This fits with the fact that Oliver in his "Leuders" incarnation was very keen to pin all of his sock-puppets on you - not only did he claim publicly (in a post which Ian sensibly deleted) that you were the culprit, and not only did he PM moderators to this effect, but we have heard from non-admin members that he PMed them about this too.

Too, Oliver's persecution of Rome Viharo continues, and it is now clear that Oliver is the individual who created the hit-piece RationalWiki article on Rome. Rome has recently been vlogging about this and the general RationalWiki/Wikipedia skeptic crowd. I might start a new thread about this.
(This post was last modified: 2017-09-15, 07:09 AM by Laird.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Laird's post:
  • Pssst
(2017-09-15, 05:46 AM)Laird Wrote: An update: we now have proof (which I won't document publicly) that the culprit behind all of these socks is Oliver D. Smith. You can read more about this person and his history on this archived Encyclopedia Dramatica page: Oliver D. Smith Brothers. You can read about how the Encyclopedia Dramatica editors connected various pseudonyms to Oliver on this archived Connecting the dots page.

This fits with the fact that Oliver in his "Leuders" incarnation was very keen to pin all of his sock-puppets on you - not only did he claim publicly (in a post which Ian sensibly deleted) that you were the culprit, and not only did he PM moderators to this effect, but we have heard from non-admin members that he PMed them about this too.

Too, Oliver's persecution of Rome Viharo continues, and it is now clear that Oliver is the individual who created the hit-piece RationalWiki article on Rome. Rome has recently been vlogging about this and the general RationalWiki/Wikipedia skeptic crowd. I might start a new thread about this.

What a deeply sad life that person must lead.
[-] The following 6 users Like Obiwan's post:
  • OmniVersalNexus, Brian, Ninshub, Doug, jkmac, tim
(2017-09-15, 11:34 AM)Obiwan Wrote: What a deeply sad life that person must lead.
Re: sock puppets-

Here's how they do it.

Puppets- how it's done
[-] The following 3 users Like jkmac's post:
  • tim, Obiwan, Laird
(2017-09-15, 11:47 AM)jkmac Wrote: Re: sock puppets-

Here's how they do it.

Puppets- how it's done

Lol If only it was that entertaining.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Obiwan's post:
  • tim
This post has been deleted.
(2017-09-15, 12:21 PM)Obiwan Wrote: Lol If only it was that entertaining.

and harmless Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes leadville's post:
  • Obiwan
(2017-09-15, 11:34 AM)Obiwan Wrote: What a deeply sad life that person must lead.

Mental illness can be very isolating.  I find it hard but I know I should despise what he does and feel sorry for the individual.   Sad
[-] The following 2 users Like leadville's post:
  • Obiwan, Brian
This individual has similar characteristics. Dennis Markuse, aka David Mabus. He reared his head on a forum known as Scepcop where he would post rambling incoherent nonsense attacking atheists. He was notorious for harassing well known personalities such as PZ Myers and Dawkins... . After many email complaints to the Montreal police he was arrested.
This post has been deleted.

• View a Printable Version