6.37 sigma replication of Dean Radin's double slit consciousness experiments

334 Replies, 44706 Views

(2017-09-07, 10:11 AM)Laird Wrote: I will shortly start a public thread in the Forum Questions and Suggestions forum to invite members to comment in general on what action they support moderators taking on defamatory posts, and to indicate whether or not this particular action meets their approval.

Here is a link to that thread: What should forum policy be on defamatory posts?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Laird's post:
  • Roberta
This post has been deleted.
(2017-09-07, 11:46 AM)Max_B Wrote: It's your website, so you can do what ever you want. I think it's a very biased way of looking at my comments, everybody knows Radin produces research that supports physical effects from meditators, that he has the title of Chief Scientist at ION's, and ION's is all about meditation.

snip- that supports physical effects from meditators

Yes- physical effects initiated via non-physical means.
It sure would have been nice to have engaged the two researchers here instead of getting mucked up by one poster's fixation on one, narrow aspect of the experimental environment.

Maybe we'll learn to be skeptical and discerning in the future while maintaining a basic level of decorum (as opposed to inferring incompetence or fraud).
[-] The following 6 users Like Silence's post:
  • Wormwood, E. Flowers, Roberta, Typoz, Laird, jkmac
(2017-09-07, 09:18 AM)Roberta Wrote: And I didn't see that post [of Brian's suggesing the possibility that Guy Playfair might not have just been absurdly gullible but makes his living from writing  haunted house stories].

It's not surprising that you didn't see that post, Roberta, because it was on another forum (Skeptiko) during a recent period where you were inactive there. It's good to know that you are consistent in applying your principles though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Laird's post:
  • tim
(2017-09-07, 08:08 AM)Bucky Wrote: Hi Gabriel,
thanks for taking the time to join the discussion. It is much appreciated.

Did participants in your study use mantras and/or chanting during their sessions? If so what precautions did you employ to avoid artifacts caused by those vibrations?

Thanks

Bucky, I emailed Gabriel to let him know that Max_B was still not satisfied, and that you had addressed this direct question to him (Gabriel), and his response was that he had too much work to do to bother dealing with Max's concerns, but he also let us know that in his experiments, "No chanting or voicing was allowed". So, that answers your (and Max's) question, but it seems that further direct engagement is not going to be possible for the moment.
[-] The following 7 users Like Laird's post:
  • E. Flowers, tim, laborde, Silence, Roberta, jkmac, Doug
(2017-09-07, 01:20 PM)Laird Wrote: ,,,, but it seems that further direct engagement is not going to be possible for the moment.

I don't blame him. I'm sure he recognizes a waste of time when he sees one. 

I just don't know why I don't...  Smile
[-] The following 5 users Like jkmac's post:
  • E. Flowers, tim, Typoz, Roberta, Laird
(2017-09-07, 01:20 PM)Laird Wrote: Bucky, I emailed Gabriel to let him know that Max_B was still not satisfied, and that you had addressed this direct question to him (Gabriel), and his response was that he had too much work to do to bother dealing with Max's concerns, but he also let us know that in his experiments, "No chanting or voicing was allowed". So, that answers your (and Max's) question, but it seems that further direct engagement is not going to be possible for the moment.

Thanks for relaying his message Smile
His reply clarifies this issue once and for all. Too bad he couldn't engage a bit more, though personally I don't think I had more questions about his study.

Cheers
(This post was last modified: 2017-09-07, 04:28 PM by Bucky.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Bucky's post:
  • Laird, E. Flowers
(2017-09-07, 04:28 PM)Bucky Wrote: Thanks for relaying his message Smile
His reply clarifies this issue once and for all. Too bad he couldn't engage a bit more, though personally I don't think I had more questions about his study.

Cheers

Hi, Bucky

This subject doesn't particularly interest me but you and some others seem to understand it very well.  Are we basically talking here about collapsing the wave function from a distance ? Or have I got it @rse about face ? (wrong)
(2017-09-07, 05:22 PM)tim Wrote: Hi, Bucky

This subject doesn't particularly interest me but you and some others seem to understand it very well.  Are we basically talking here about collapsing the wave function from a distance ? Or have I got it @rse about face ? (wrong)

Hi there,
Yes that is what the study claims. I am not fully convinced though, to me it looks like a possible demonstration of micro PK more than anything else.

Cheers
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bucky's post:
  • tim

• View a Printable Version