What are you listening to?

369 Replies, 44218 Views

'Historically, we may regard materialism as a system of dogma set up to combat orthodox dogma...Accordingly we find that, as ancient orthodoxies disintegrate, materialism more and more gives way to scepticism.'

- Bertrand Russell

[-] The following 1 user Likes Sciborg_S_Patel's post:
  • Laird

'Historically, we may regard materialism as a system of dogma set up to combat orthodox dogma...Accordingly we find that, as ancient orthodoxies disintegrate, materialism more and more gives way to scepticism.'

- Bertrand Russell

https://youtu.be/S8WBZLGoSGs
I do not make any clear distinction between mind and God. God is what mind becomes when it has passed beyond the scale of our comprehension.
Freeman Dyson
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kamarling's post:
  • Sciborg_S_Patel

=-=-=

=-=-=

- Bertrand Russell

(2021-05-13, 02:47 PM)Typoz Wrote: Creative mix of live and recorded instruments.

I wonder whether, in accordance with Sheldrake's Morphic Resonance, cats all over the world have now learned to play the piano? Wink

That was absolutely lovely, Typoz!

I have a piece of computer code somewhere that a previous cat contributed to by walking over the keyboard. I just added a couple of slashes to make this into a comment and left it there.

A still earlier cat was immortalised by including her in a paper:

F. Chlupačan, Private communication.

The referee objected mildly saying he didn't like references that couldn't be accessed, but that cat had passed over by then, so I crossed my fingers and resubmitted the paper with that reference unchanged - so she became part of the literature!

Her name meant something like "A member of the nation of furry beings" in Czech. The 'F' just stood for furry!
(This post was last modified: 2023-01-30, 09:47 PM by David001. Edited 3 times in total.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes David001's post:
  • Typoz
I want to share something truly special with you here - an unique Russian philosophical/mystical musical "The Last Trial".

Formally, it is inspired by the "Dragonlance" fantasy book series, but it is in fact an independent work of art, so knowledge of the book series used for the inspiration is not required at all. And, if someone here has read them, after all - forget about them here: the storyline of the musical, and its overall meaning, are different. Unlike the books, it is not a fantasy epic, but rather a mystical-philosophical parable presented in the form of a musical. And a superb one, I would add.

The subtitles are professionally translated in English. Turn them on, and choose English, and you will understand eveything.

And - do not stop once the credits start near the end. The last, the most crucial episode of the story happens after the credits start to roll, and proceeds simultaneously with them.

So, watch, listen and enjoy!

Man is a rational animal who always loses his temper when he is called upon to act in accordance with the dictates of reason.
—Oscar Wilde
(This post was last modified: 2023-01-31, 10:12 PM by Vortex. Edited 3 times in total.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vortex's post:
  • Sciborg_S_Patel

- Bertrand Russell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p13tdjpoTw
[-] The following 1 user Likes Laird's post:
  • Sciborg_S_Patel

I've long felt this song could arguably [be] about the afterlife, and that while we might mourn the dead they've gone to the place "where everything's better, and everything's safe".

I even recall after my father passed away that I wish there was some sign from him and I heard this song playing in the mall. Obviously this isn't some clear sign of Survival but I appreciated it nonetheless.

- Bertrand Russell

(This post was last modified: 2023-06-05, 02:41 PM by Sciborg_S_Patel. Edited 1 time in total.)
  • Typoz

Quote:00:00 1. Melancholia
05:33
2. Before Midnight Tonight
10:50
3. The Second Sun
16:50
4. Sure The Sun Will Rise
21:45 5. Everything Is Transformed
25:08 6. One More Step
30:35
7. High Gravity
36:20
8. 2001 Light Years From Home
41:43
9. Koka
47:22 10. It's An Unknown Jungle
51:47 11. Come With Me

- Bertrand Russell

• Laird

• View a Printable Version