The UFO/UAP coverup continues

46 Replies, 553 Views

(2024-03-09, 01:34 AM)nbtruthman Wrote: Back to you. And please don't cite the recently released Pentagon report as "evidence".

It requires an infinite amount of energy to accelerate baryonic matter to the speed of light. That's why the LHC (Large Hadron Collider) is so large, just to accelerate a few protons close to the speed of light. There are mathematical solutions to Einsteins field equations in GR that allows for “wormholes” and related concepts to go from A to B in a different way but these mathematical solutions are based on physical properties never oberserved. Hence there’s no reason they exist either.

Moreover, from a logical perspective, a multitude of arguments further render the idea of captured alien technology highly improbable. Arguments like timing, why only ever in the US, why no leaks like Manhanttan projcet, wiki leaks, how can an extremely advanced species be clumsy enough to get captured and so forth

I think this UFO wave will soon die down as people will start forget about it, medias will loose interest and then in a few decades it will be resurrected by other attention seeking individuals.

In Scotland there’s a Loch Ness monster myth with sightings following a similar cyclic pattern. It’s not uncommon for extraordinary claims to have these cycles.
(This post was last modified: 2024-03-09, 09:44 AM by sbu. Edited 8 times in total.)
[-] The following 2 users Like sbu's post:
  • Sciborg_S_Patel, Brian
(2024-03-08, 06:27 PM)sbu Wrote: Actually there’s lots of UFO related news today:

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/ufos-stora...=107899910

And this report should obviously be the last word in the parody. Sadly I suspect it won’t.

More on the DOD "investigation":

From the report:

Quote:"Named companies allegedly experimenting on alien technology:
AARO has found no evidence that U.S. companies ever possessed off-world technology. The executives, scientists, and chief technology officers of the companies named by interviewees met with the Director of AARO and denied on the record that they have ever recovered, possessed or engaged in reverse engineering of extraterrestrial technology."

The claim of the disclosure advocates is that there is and has been for a long time a beyond top secret black UFO recovery/retrieval/reverse engineering program in bed with certain big aerospace companies. But what does AARO do when they are ordered to investigate? They ask these companies nicely and of course they say there is no reverse engineering program, and AARO meekly takes their word and leaves. This is not a investigation. This is worse than Project Blue Book and the U. of Colorado Condon report back in the 60s and 70s, and they were shams. But what did they expect? AARO: "Hey aerospace company, you haven't been, by any change committed any crimes?"

Either AARO is really dumb (not likely) or they are a disinformation agency. AARO is literally full of intelligence agents, like Kirkpatrick and Susan gough, etc. Their real job is simply to lie and make stuff up.

It's interesting to note that the same CEOs who went to AARO's office and signed papers saying they don't have any retrieved UFO materials also lobbied heavily against the earlier proposed eminent domain provision. Anyone can see that this makes a lot of sense if the big defense contractors are covering up, and not a lot if they aren't. I guess we're supposed to believe that corporations are the most trustworthy entities on the planet. People just need to recycle more, eat avocado toast less, and stop asking questions (sarcasm).

The Pentagon should not be investigating itself. They are playing word-games in this report. Retired Admirals, former Intelligence Officers, and others are saying something quite different than what the Pentagon is reporting here. We were told for decades that from the 1970s onward, the Air Force were no longer studying UAPs and that they had no interest in them. This turns out not to be true. In the case of this Pentagon report, "finding evidence" may depend on where it is looked for, how it is looked for, and especially the real motivations of those looking for it.
(This post was last modified: 2024-03-09, 04:17 PM by nbtruthman. Edited 3 times in total.)
(2024-03-09, 12:21 AM)Laird Wrote: On what basis? Just curious.

The continual updates in this sub-forum - at first I was open minded but Grusch has nothing to show save for his claims.

This doesn't mean that there isn't a coverup of some kind that Grusch may have indirectly helped partially expose, but I've yet to see anything that would convince me there is a crashed vehicle the US gov't is trying to reverse engineer.
'Historically, we may regard materialism as a system of dogma set up to combat orthodox dogma...Accordingly we find that, as ancient orthodoxies disintegrate, materialism more and more gives way to scepticism.'

- Bertrand Russell

(This post was last modified: 2024-03-09, 05:18 PM by Sciborg_S_Patel.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sciborg_S_Patel's post:
  • Brian
(2024-03-09, 08:01 AM)sbu Wrote: It requires an infinite amount of energy to accelerate baryonic matter to the speed of light. That's why the LHC (Large Hadron Collider) is so large, just to accelerate a few protons close to the speed of light. There are mathematical solutions to Einsteins field equations in GR that allows for “wormholes” and related concepts to go from A to B in a different way but these mathematical solutions are based on physical properties never oberserved. Hence there’s no reason they exist either.

Moreover, from a logical perspective, a multitude of arguments further render the idea of captured alien technology highly improbable. Arguments like timing, why only ever in the US, why no leaks like Manhanttan projcet, wiki leaks, how can an extremely advanced species be clumsy enough to get captured and so forth

I think this UFO wave will soon die down as people will start forget about it, medias will loose interest and then in a few decades it will be resurrected by other attention seeking individuals.

In Scotland there’s a Loch Ness monster myth with sightings following a similar cyclic pattern. It’s not uncommon for extraordinary claims to have these cycles.

I would agree that we have reason to be skeptical of retrieved vehicles, but not sure that this "wave" will die down.

It seems to me the UFO phenomenon, whatever it is, is tied to other factors making people question whether the usual skeptical talking points have merit. The idea of entities being around us not explicable by conventional means seems to be coming from multiple corners, in tandem with more mainstream considerations such as the nature of consciousness and the nature of the universe.

Of course there will be aspects of all this that die down, such as astrology or attributing coincidences to God/Universe/Simulation's Plan along with people using paranormal claims - which includes pseudoskepticism - to make money. But even when you take all of that away it seems to me we are at very interesting point in history that includes the UFO phenomena.
'Historically, we may regard materialism as a system of dogma set up to combat orthodox dogma...Accordingly we find that, as ancient orthodoxies disintegrate, materialism more and more gives way to scepticism.'

- Bertrand Russell

(This post was last modified: 2024-03-09, 08:50 PM by Sciborg_S_Patel. Edited 2 times in total.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sciborg_S_Patel's post:
  • Brian
(2024-03-09, 05:18 PM)Sciborg_S_Patel Wrote: The continual updates in this sub-forum - at first I was open minded but Grusch has nothing to show save for his claims.

Oh. My understanding is that Grusch has been unable to show direct evidence for his claims because that requires a level of security clearance which those in congress investigating his claims have been denied.

Sure, you could doubt that he has any evidence anyhow, but going so far as to agree that he's "not credible" seems to me to be unfair to him. Anyhow, that's just my view, and I'm not looking to start an argument.
[-] The following 4 users Like Laird's post:
  • nbtruthman, Sciborg_S_Patel, Silence, Larry
(2024-03-10, 06:41 AM)Laird Wrote: Oh. My understanding is that Grusch has been unable to show direct evidence for his claims because that requires a level of security clearance which those in congress investigating his claims have been denied.

Sure, you could doubt that he has any evidence anyhow, but going so far as to agree that he's "not credible" seems to me to be unfair to him. Anyhow, that's just my view, and I'm not looking to start an argument.

I think everyone has a "boggle threshold" and mine is at reverse engineered spacecraft + alien corpses.

I would actually even say this for any random claim of psychic healing on demand, even though I do believe there are psychic healers. And from there even if someone is a psychic healer I'd be wary of claims they can teach others. I also think there are NDEs but don't believe every individual case.

Similarly I do think there is something going on with the UFO phenomena that is not explicable by conventional means, but having already been skeptical of the "nuts & bolts" side I would need [to] at least see some evidence.

Like you said, not trying to start an argument, just trying to explain my position on this particular case. Thumbs Up

- Bertrand Russell

(This post was last modified: 2024-03-10, 04:36 PM by Sciborg_S_Patel. Edited 1 time in total.)
[-] The following 4 users Like Sciborg_S_Patel's post:
  • Silence, Brian, Laird, Obiwan
Understood, Sci, though I still disagree on this case. I'll leave it at that.
I think this thread's discussion needs a dunk in the cold water of the stubbornly persistent existence of a very large body of evidence for the physical reality of UFOs and probable NHIs, independent of the current controversy regarding disclosure and UFO/UAP crash retrieval and reverse engineering black projects (in which the cover-up at all costs elements in DOD and Congress seems to be winning).

From an old post of mine from some time ago:

The extraterrestrial hypothesis remains very plausible as the explanation for the major category of UFO-related phenomena, vehicle sightings especially with optical media, radar and EMI interaction.

Some of the theoretical arguments against the extraterrestrial hypothesis (ETH) for UFOs are that there is zero knowledge of other life much less other intelligent life, if it actually exists it is apparently impossible for it to get here, the apparent ridiculousness and absurdity of some of the phenomena (such as alien abductions, many UFOnaut encounter accounts, brilliant “advertising” lights), the supposed parapsychological connection, and the supposed similarities with historical accounts of things like faery sightings.

But as far as I am concerned real data, evidence, always trumps theory. These following cases and many others of the same sort were real events in the world, in space-time, occurring to real people that presented as described. Their testimony and other evidence can’t reasonably be dismissed just because they appear fantastic or theoretically preposterous. Especially with good observers like pilots and police officers (sometimes multiple) whose testimony would otherwise be accepted in a court of law. The burden is on the skeptic to credibly demonstrate how these cases are actually misperceptions, hallucinations, errors, hoaxes, useless anecdotes, etc. And on the skeptic of the ETH to come up with a more credible general explanation for the many cases of physical interaction with physical apparent vehicles.

Some people have observed strange apparently structured material objects in the atmosphere that give the strong impression of being vehicles, somebody else’s hardware.

The best cases stand on their own merits as evidence that on some rare occasions what seem to be alien vehicles appear to humans, sometimes producing physical effects including radar returns, radio interference, ground traces and leaving images preserved on photographic film or electronic media.

The relatively recent (in 2004 and 2015) sightings and radar trackings of small UFOs shadowing US Navy carrier battle groups, featuring multiple pilot and ship radar reports and HUD video display recordings amount to some of the best data.
Just a sampling of some of the better older data:

– The 1947 Kenneth Arnold sighting
Except for the WWII “foo fighters”, this begins the modern era of UFOs. A good analysis is at http://www.martinshough.com/aerialphenom...lysis2.pdf . There do not seem to be any valid optical, geometric, geographical, psychological or other reasons to doubt the major features of Arnold’s sighting as reported and they are internally consistent. The analysis results in a range of 16-20 miles, a minimum length of 70-90 feet, and a speed of 890 to 1200 mph. Arnold described the objects as trimmed-off in the rear thin shiny “saucer-like” discoids reflecting sunlight blindingly like metal at certain angles.
– The Chiles-Whitted Case – Montgomery, Alabama, United States – July 24, 1948
– The Nash-Fortenberry Sighting (aircraft encounter with formation of UFOs) – Virginia, United States – July 14, 1952
– The RB-47 UFO Encounter – Gulf Coast Area, United States – July 17, 1957
- The Levelland, Texas case - November 2-3, 1957
– Socorro / Zamora UFO Incident – Socorro, New Mexico, United States – April 24, 1964
– Coyne Helicopter Incident – Mansfield, Ohio, United States – October 18, 1973
– “Dogfight over Tehran”, the 1976 Iranian Air Force Incident, a multiple pilot/ground/radar/visual/EMI signal case. Details at http://www.nicap.org/760919tehran_dir.htm .
– The Cash-Landrum Case – Huffman, Texas, United States – December 29, 1980
– Japan Air Lines Flight 1628 Over Alaska – Alaska, United States – November 17, 1986
– Belgium Triangle UFO Sightings – Belgium – October, 1989
– Illinois Triangle UFO Sighting (by multiple police officers) – Illinois, United States – January 5, 2000

We're still waiting for plausible conventional explanations for these cases.

The 1999 French Cometa committee report, summarized at https://www.ufocasebook.com/cometamain.html . This was an in-depth study of UFOs, covering many aspects of the subject, especially questions of national defense. The study was done over several years by an independent group at the Institute of Advanced Studies for National Defense, or IHEDN, and by other qualified experts from various fields. They took the extraterrestrial hypothesis very seriously when considering the many of the best French cases.

For an exhaustive analysis of electromagnetic effects generated by UFOs, see Fifty-Six Aircraft Pilot Sightings Involving E-M Effects – Haines (1992), at http://www.nicap.org/papers/92apsiee.htm .

My view is that this phenomenon is complicated, being composed of several different types of phenomena of fundamentally different natures that interact in various ways. Other explanations than the ETH, some involving paranormal phenomena, subconscious influences of the Zeitgeist, extra-dimensional or time travelling aliens, etc. etc. may possibly apply to other subcategories of UFO-related experiences including alien abductions. I think both the modern “zeitgeist” and accounts of real physical alien vehicle encounters could stimulate subconsciously generated fantasies like alien abductions and subconsciously generated fantastic or apparently ridiculous “occupant” encounters (like the Betty and Barney Hill case).

The phenomenon is probably composed of many different components and levels. So as to the question of which potential explanation is the real nature of the UFO phenomenon, it is probable that the question is simplistic and that the answer is “all of the above”.

One thing is sure: at least one type of UFOs, the ones focused on here, are somebody else’s hardware. And that somebody else isn’t from our planetary system.
(This post was last modified: 2024-03-13, 04:40 PM by nbtruthman. Edited 3 times in total.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes nbtruthman's post:
  • Laird
I will reply with this quote by Denyse O'Leary from her latest post to mindmatters.ai

Quote: Just as the extraterrestrials are Out There because we don’t want to think we are alone, chatbots are Becoming Human because we don’t want to feel we are unique. Truth or falsehood has little to do with these cultural moods. Facts are much too cold to inspire many people, it seems. Whether they believe or not will likely depend on what they need from their environment.

https://mindmatters.ai/2024/03/about-the...awareness/
(2024-03-13, 08:42 PM)sbu Wrote: I will reply with this quote by Denyse O'Leary from her latest post to mindmatters.ai

So, you simply sweep all of the evidence in the cases provided by nbtruthman off the table, refusing even to acknowledge let alone engage with it?

• View a Printable Version