The Skeptiko post-trauma thread

234 Replies, 26048 Views

(2017-08-28, 10:00 AM)Doppelgänger Wrote: I wish her the best, though. Maybe she’ll come back after Alex bans her over something silly. Tongue

Thanks for your thoughtful post, Doppelgänger.

K9! is always welcome back here, whether because of being banned from Skeptiko or for any other reason. She adds a lot of value to the community. I was sad to see her leave but she obviously had made up her mind and wasn't willing to be persuaded, so there was really nothing to be done except let her go.
[-] The following 3 users Like Laird's post:
  • Typoz, laborde, Obiwan
I do hope she returns, too. Not sure if K9 can regenerate like Dr Who, but here's hoping!
[-] The following 6 users Like laborde's post:
  • tim, Sciborg_S_Patel, Typoz, Ninshub, Doug, Laird
This post has been deleted.
Of course K9 is welcome back. I don't think that she has any beef with any of us and we don't ask for written apologies to reinstate an account. It's up to her.
"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before..."
[-] The following 3 users Like E. Flowers's post:
  • tim, Brian, Dante
(2017-08-28, 06:07 AM)E. Flowers Wrote: He always plays the straight man, even when responding to things that are absolutely bizarre. So...

Heh true. It's a very dry humor...but at least it's not like that completely incomprehensible British humor? 

Just what are they doing over there?! [insert appropriate smiley]
'Historically, we may regard materialism as a system of dogma set up to combat orthodox dogma...Accordingly we find that, as ancient orthodoxies disintegrate, materialism more and more gives way to scepticism.'

- Bertrand Russell

[-] The following 4 users Like Sciborg_S_Patel's post:
  • E. Flowers, Stan Woolley, Brian, Typoz
Just to be clear, I have no beef either. While she never apologized for casting judgement on a complete stranger's parenting decisions, I simply went my own way after telling her how I felt about things. My point was simply to alert her to the irony of her being "offended" at online behavior and making such a public, high-minded post on the topic while having mud on her own shoes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Silence's post:
  • Stan Woolley
(2017-08-25, 05:36 PM)chuck Wrote: I've been a long term member of skeptiko. I have a right to shit post there. Alex can ban me if he wants.

Ooopsies!

Angel
(2017-08-27, 11:10 AM)malf Wrote: He did a similar thing on the podcast this week. One of his guests gave an accurate summing up of AWARE, only for Alex to shout him down and ramble on about Parnia's personal musings and then Van Lommel's. How can you have a serious discussion with someone like that? He makes it impossible to come to any conclusion that's different to his own.

Then why listen?  Huh
(2017-08-28, 09:47 PM)Pssst Wrote: Then why listen?  Huh

I've been there from the beginning and I'm a stubborn completist  Confused
[-] The following 3 users Like malf's post:
  • Sciborg_S_Patel, Brian, Ninshub
(2017-08-28, 10:12 PM)malf Wrote: I've been there from the beginning and I'm a stubborn completist  Confused

We've got a smiley addict on our hands.  :exclamation:
[-] The following 1 user Likes chuck's post:
  • Brian

• View a Printable Version