Mega-Thread: Contrary and Confusing Claims about Parnia, Greyson and more?

74 Replies, 4999 Views

(2021-01-16, 05:41 PM)Brian Wrote: BTW, has any evidence of this spam been shown to a moderator yet?

I've been in contact with Darren about the spam but haven't sought evidence from him. I don't think it's necessary or even possible to provide reliable evidence - after all, how could he/we disprove the possibility that he simply signed himself up for the "evidential" spam? So, for the moment, I'm simply taking him at his word.
[-] The following 4 users Like Laird's post:
  • OmniVersalNexus, tim, Obiwan, Brian
(2021-01-16, 05:41 PM)Brian Wrote: BTW, has any evidence of this spam been shown to a moderator yet?

The claim is pretty dodgy, unless the safety measures in his device really suck.

Still, I think that the new guy is not necessarily a sock puppet. This being the internet and all... It’s likely that Omni may have just summoned backup from elsewhere. He does seem somewhat mercurial about this particular topic and people that require certainty that much usually mingle in several pages looking for answers.
"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before..."
[-] The following 2 users Like E. Flowers's post:
  • Sciborg_S_Patel, Brian
(2021-01-16, 06:17 PM)Laird Wrote: I've been in contact with Darren about the spam but haven't sought evidence from him. I don't think it's necessary or even possible to provide reliable evidence - after all, how could he/we disprove the possibility that he simply signed himself up for the "evidential" spam? So, for the moment, I'm simply taking him at his word.

Good point.

Yes
(2021-01-16, 05:26 PM)Sciborg_S_Patel Wrote: I didn't send you spam.

But honestly I did plan to do what strongly implied I would after you called me "subhuman", which is every time Omni makes one of his "Can we trust Bruce Greyson if the Christians like him so much?!" type threads I was gonna note it on your social media & email you to take care of it.

Figured you should deal with those type of threads after claiming I was a subhuman monster that hasn't had any hardships in my life. In your second post on the forum no less.

I never said you were a subhuman monster.
I said humans + the internet = subhuman behaviour. Would you disagree with this?
I also didn't say you haven't had any hardships.
I said that you have not had to deal with the specific hardship that Omni had to deal with.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Darren_SeekingI's post:
  • OmniVersalNexus
(2021-01-16, 06:27 PM)Darren_SeekingI Wrote: I never said you were a subhuman monster.
I said humans + the internet = subhuman behaviour. Would you disagree with this?
I also didn't say you haven't had any hardships.
I said that you have not had to deal with the specific hardship that Omni had to deal with.

Meh, just give it a rest already.

You guys have won, you can make your "Is Bruce Greyson just too beloved by Christians to be taken seriously?" posts/threads to your heart's content.
'Historically, we may regard materialism as a system of dogma set up to combat orthodox dogma...Accordingly we find that, as ancient orthodoxies disintegrate, materialism more and more gives way to scepticism.'

- Bertrand Russell

(2021-01-16, 06:30 PM)Sciborg_S_Patel Wrote: Meh, just give it a rest already.

You guys have won, you can make your "Is Bruce Greyson just too beloved by Christians to be taken seriously?" posts/threads to your heart's content.

Fine, and if Omni posts something that you find irritating. Don't send it to me because he'll likely email me about it, don't insult him. IGNORE IT.
That's the best thing to do.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Darren_SeekingI's post:
  • OmniVersalNexus
(2021-01-16, 06:32 PM)Darren_SeekingI Wrote: Fine, and if Omni posts something that you find irritating. Don't send it to me because he'll likely email me about it, don't insult him. IGNORE IT.
That's the best thing to do.

Well I can't email the nonsense to you *now*, can I, without implicating myself as this supposed spammer who's harassing you?
'Historically, we may regard materialism as a system of dogma set up to combat orthodox dogma...Accordingly we find that, as ancient orthodoxies disintegrate, materialism more and more gives way to scepticism.'

- Bertrand Russell

(2021-01-16, 06:34 PM)Sciborg_S_Patel Wrote: Well I can't email the nonsense to you *now*, can I, without implicating myself as this supposed spammer who's harassing you?

Skeptic Dodgy
(This post was last modified: 2021-01-16, 07:07 PM by Darren_SeekingI.)
(2021-01-15, 08:52 PM)OmniVersalNexus Wrote: Ok, so my take away from this is that I should at least try focusing on skeptical studies rather than comments.
Only a sceptic would focus on sceptical studies. You should look at all studies of course, not just sceptical ones. In addition, where you place your attention, that is where the rest of your heart and mind will follow. Be careful where you focus, where you place your attention.
[-] The following 4 users Like Typoz's post:
  • tim, Darren_SeekingI, OmniVersalNexus, Brian

• View a Printable Version