Latest from Dr Sam Parnia

230 Replies, 35898 Views

Just stumbled upon this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz_4FGdW...5SHFxTQbRs
(This post was last modified: 2019-09-30, 10:11 AM by Enrique Vargas.)
[-] The following 6 users Like Enrique Vargas's post:
  • OmniVersalNexus, Typoz, Raimo, Max_B, Ninshub, Larry
(2019-09-30, 10:10 AM)Enrique Vargas Wrote: Just stumbled upon this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz_4FGdW...5SHFxTQbRs
Nothing new there but nice to hear!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Larry's post:
  • Enrique Vargas
The AwareOfAware blog declares If AWARE II doesn’t have a hit I’ll eat my laptop.

That seems a little bold to me...
[-] The following 2 users Like Laird's post:
  • OmniVersalNexus, Ninshub
I suppose there will be no hits.

The implications would be too big, and it would change our world forever, possibly collapsing our entire society. If there really is some higher power, I doubt it would allow it.

But i'd be glad to be wrong.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Raf999's post:
  • Enrique Vargas
(2019-10-26, 10:35 PM)Raf999 Wrote: I suppose there will be no hits.

The implications would be too big, and it would change our world forever, possibly collapsing our entire society. If there really is some higher power, I doubt it would allow it.

I agree. There seems to be some sort of deliberately placed Veil or barrier preventing most humans from certainty regarding the spiritual world, the afterlife, etc, as exemplified by the notorious elusiveness of paranormal phenomena. It is as if something is determined to prevent psi phenomena, NDEs, reincarnation memories, mediumistic communications, etc. from ever achieving "scientific" and repeatable verification. We are just supposed to struggle in our belief systems, with the exception of the rare in the population actual experiencers, like NDEers. It's not supposed to be easy, which it would be if paranormal phenomena were common, experimentally repeatable and economically exploitable.
[-] The following 5 users Like nbtruthman's post:
  • Larry, Ninshub, Raf999, diverdown, Enrique Vargas
This is interesting. Parnia has created a web site dedicated to his and his colleagues research.

https://med.nyu.edu/research/parnia-lab/

There's a whole array of publications and videos to see.  I had a quick scan and noticed (probably coincidentally) he seems to be sticking to his previous statements (roughly) that CPR can only achieve 20% of normal blood flow to the brain during cardiac arrest. That's only a tiny part of the information available, though.
(This post was last modified: 2020-05-06, 09:35 PM by tim.)
[-] The following 6 users Like tim's post:
  • OmniVersalNexus, Raimo, laborde, Typoz, Ninshub, Obiwan
Courtesy of Samwise from the AwareofAWARE blog, here is an interview about 'Cardiac Arrest Management, Death and Beyond' featuring Parnia from December 15th 2020. He apparently talks about NDEs around the 50 minute mark:
https://emracast.libsyn.com/cardiac-arre...and-beyond
(This post was last modified: 2020-12-19, 03:22 PM by OmniVersalNexus.)
[-] The following 3 users Like OmniVersalNexus's post:
  • Typoz, Stan Woolley, Enrique Vargas
(2020-12-19, 11:29 AM)OmniVersalNexus Wrote: Courtesy to Samwise from the AwareofAWARE blog, here is an interview about 'Cardiac Arrest Management, Death and Beyond' featuring Parnia from December 15th 2020. He apparently talks about NDEs around the 50 minute mark:
https://emracast.libsyn.com/cardiac-arre...and-beyond

It’s closer to 56 1/2 that he talks about NDEs. It’s very encouraging that in December 2020 he’s still positive about the research and doesn’t seem to be more sceptical. I’d be quite gutted if Dr Parnia started to talk like a skeptic. 

What I also found interesting, was the unnecessary background music that started at the same time that he talked about this topic.  Wink
Oh my God, I hate all this.   Surprise
[-] The following 4 users Like Stan Woolley's post:
  • tim, Typoz, OmniVersalNexus, Enrique Vargas
(2020-12-19, 02:01 PM)Stan Woolley Wrote: It’s closer to 56 1/2 that he talks about NDEs. It’s very encouraging that in December 2020 he’s still positive about the research and doesn’t seem to be more sceptical. I’d be quite gutted if Dr Parnia started to talk like a skeptic. 

What I also found interesting, was the unnecessary background music that started at the same time that he talked about this topic.  Wink

I got the same impression, moreover, he seems to be even more enthusiastic about NDE's in this interview than a few years back, and he seems fascinated and moved by them. Encouraging indeed.
[-] The following 5 users Like Enrique Vargas's post:
  • tim, nbtruthman, Typoz, OmniVersalNexus, Stan Woolley
It unfortunately doesn't make me as confident as I would like to be because last time I checked, most vocal (pseudo)skeptics think Parnia is a 'biased charlatan with an agenda' who tried to 'explain away' his research from AWARE I. They won't listen to him anyways.
(This post was last modified: 2020-12-19, 04:00 PM by OmniVersalNexus.)

• View a Printable Version