Commentary thread for tim's "NDE's" thread

424 Replies, 41313 Views

(2019-12-20, 03:53 PM)Enrique Vargas Wrote: There were no veridical components; she was in a car accident in 82, went into clinical death and had an NDE. As I said, in her NDE there were visions of hell and a stern voice coming from somewhere was narrating the sins of different groups of sinners: drunks, perverts, killers, etc, etc. Really weird and terrifying.
Hm. That sort of thing has been claimed before even from the distant past IIRC. I think it’s very difficult to know how much weight to give to non-veridical experiences like that (for me anyway). What are we to deduce from it do you think?
This post has been deleted.
(2019-12-20, 12:43 PM)Enrique Vargas Wrote: Absolutely horrifying, nightmarish Russian NDE with visions of eternal hell. It's the second Russian NDE of that nature I've seen. She is describing various parts of hell where the sinners are tortured eternally for different sins. I haven't herd an NDE this horrible from Western experiencers. Is this cultural, religion-based idiosyncrasy? If it is, why htose affect our perception of the afterlife? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xnBYdMUNVQ

It'd be nice if there were english subtitles or something.
"The cure for bad information is more information."
(2019-12-22, 11:25 PM)Obiwan Wrote: Hm. That sort of thing has been claimed before even from the distant past IIRC. I think it’s very difficult to know how much weight to give to non-veridical experiences like that (for me anyway). What are we to deduce from it do you think?
The only explanation that occurs to me is that this person was reinterpreting something ineffable and well beyond her comprehension that happened to her through the prism of her religious beliefs. With the passage of time she added more and more details to this experience, which took place in 1982, and converted it into something entirely different and terrifying. Even from the Orthodox Christian standpoint, it's aberrant: at some point the supposed angelical entity (or even Christ Himself, it's not clear from her description) who's guiding her on her trip to hell tells her: "don't feel sorry for them, they are sinners". The Church says "we love the sinner, we hate the sin". Meaning, not to feel compassion toward the sinner is completely non-Christian. Then, another aberrant detail. Her guides tell her that there is no way out of hell, with one exception: "some sinner's family members can get them out of hell through constant prayer for their soul"  So, basically, if you have an intercessor, you have a chance, if not, no. You have no free will, no influence over your own destiny, nothing. And her "experience" is filled with the nonsense like that. And it's the second one of this nature I hear from Russian experiencers. Weird stuff....
[-] The following 3 users Like Enrique Vargas's post:
  • tim, Ninshub, Obiwan
(2019-12-23, 03:28 AM)Mediochre Wrote: It'd be nice if there were english subtitles or something.
Russians don't usually subtitle their Youtube videos, and I don't have time to subtitle this one, so, I just narrated the most important details of her testimony.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Enrique Vargas's post:
  • tim
(2019-12-23, 08:14 AM)Enrique Vargas Wrote: The only explanation that occurs to me is that this person was reinterpreting something ineffable and well beyond her comprehension that happened to her through the prism of her religious beliefs. With the passage of time she added more and more details to this experience, which took place in 1982, and converted it into something entirely different and terrifying. Even from the Orthodox Christian standpoint, it's aberrant: at some point the supposed angelical entity (or even Christ Himself, it's not clear from her description) who's guiding her on her trip to hell tells her: "don't feel sorry for them, they are sinners". The Church says "we love the sinner, we hate the sin". Meaning, not to feel compassion toward the sinner is completely non-Christian. Then, another aberrant detail. Her guides tell her that there is no way out of hell, with one exception: "some sinner's family members can get them out of hell through constant prayer for their soul"  So, basically, if you have an intercessor, you have a chance, if not, no. You have no free will, no influence over your own destiny, nothing. And her "experience" is filled with the nonsense like that. And it's the second one of this nature I hear from Russian experiencers. Weird stuff....
That’s a really good point Enrique. I guess we all filter our experiences through our personal prism. Most of the time it’s more or less a fit for the situation but this is, as you say, ineffable and the approximation doesn’t perhaps accurately reflect what happened(or maybe it does). Like playing a Betamax recording back on a VHS player ?
[-] The following 2 users Like Obiwan's post:
  • tim, Enrique Vargas
Quote:Anybody knows if it's true? 

The closest person to knowing the truth would be the woman herself, but even she might not know.
Oh my God, I hate all this.   Surprise
At tim's request, I've moved into this thread all posts in his NDE's thread that aren't accounts of near-death experiences. At times, I have had to insert editing notes at the top of moved posts to indicate to which post in the original thread they refer. Going forward, please post only actual accounts of NDEs in tim's original thread, and if you want to comment on those accounts, then please do so in this thread.
(This post was last modified: 2020-03-22, 01:13 PM by Laird.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Laird's post:
  • tim, Typoz
Well done Laird. Thanks.
[-] The following 2 users Like Typoz's post:
  • tim, Laird
Thanks for doing that, Laird ! It's easier to read and less distracting, I think. Good job !
[-] The following 1 user Likes tim's post:
  • Laird

• View a Printable Version