Search Results
    Thread: Banned from skeptiko.

Glad to have you Jim
Posted by letseat in Other Topics , 2023-06-22, 09:43 AM
 1,544     46
    Thread: Roundo: our new mobile-friendly theme, proposed to be set as default
Post: RE: Roundo: our new mobile-friendly theme, propose...

Thank god dark mode is in.
Posted by letseat in Forum Questions, Suggestions and Announcements , 2023-02-20, 08:39 AM
 3,638     129
    Thread: Greetings everyone!

Welcome to the forum!
Posted by letseat in Member Introductions , 2022-12-24, 10:31 AM
 265     3
    Thread: Robert Monroe: The End Game

Monroe's books are some of the best I've ever read. Thanks for reposting this excerpt.
 249     1
    Thread: Some speculation

If reincarnation is happening, this may give us some insights into the afterlife state and may also come with some testable predictions. Firstly, if people are coming in and truly are retaining some...
Posted by letseat in Reincarnation , 2022-09-04, 08:44 AM
 1,044     22
    Thread: The subtle body

nbtruthman Wrote: (2022-08-25, 05:36 PM) -- This may be the underlying cause (hitherto mostly a mystery) for problems like autism spectrum disorder. -- There are many issues with the idea that a misa...
Posted by letseat in Spirituality , 2022-08-26, 09:53 AM
 268     5
    Thread: The subtle body

Well there is some evidence from neuroscientist Olaf Blanke that inducing out of body experiences can help alleviate phantom limb pain. I would say that the subtle body has differing levels of immersi...
Posted by letseat in Spirituality , 2022-08-26, 09:37 AM
 268     5
    Thread: Almost frightening progress in AI technology

nbtruthman Wrote: (2022-08-25, 11:09 AM) -- of some malevolent conscious AI system taking over the world and wiping out humanity -- Unfortunately, AI doesn't need to be conscious to cause an apocalyp...
Posted by letseat in General Consciousness Science , 2022-08-26, 09:20 AM
 649     17
    Thread: Can You Warm Yourself with Your Mind?

Sciborg_S_Patel Wrote: (2022-07-24, 04:04 AM) -- Can You Warm Yourself with Your Mind? (https://www.newyorker.com/science/elements/can-you-warm-yourself-with-your-mind) Jessica Wapner ...
Posted by letseat in General Consciousness Science , 2022-07-24, 05:49 AM
 150     2
    Thread: Why has this forum become so slow?

I rarely have anything worth contributing, but I do still read.
Posted by letseat in Forum Questions, Suggestions and Announcements , 2022-03-24, 04:34 AM
 3,611     62
    Thread: Podcasts, anyone?

Consciousness exploration stuff. https://realityreminded.buzzsprout.com/ https://www.esalen.org/inspiration/podcasts https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/evidence-of-the-afterlife-maverick-vard%C...
Posted by letseat in Other Topics , 2021-11-12, 07:39 AM
 404     5
    Thread: Book: Journeys Out of the Body by Robert A. Monroe
Post: RE: Book: Journeys Out of the Body by Robert A. Mo...

I've read his books, and had OBE's through meditation. It's a very good series and my experience aligns with his. My entry point was originally Robert Bruce, though.
 628     6
    Thread: Skeptiko forums other than its show forum to be closed [split from: Happy fourth board anniversary]
Post: RE: Skeptiko forums other than its show forum to b...

I honestly wish the forum wasn't mentioned in the skeptiko thread. As Rick Archer had said a while ago, the inclusion and later domination of the podcast with conspiracy stuff has completely wasted th...
Posted by letseat in Other Topics , 2021-09-15, 05:12 AM
 2,843     50
    Thread: Pim van Lommel's Essentia Foundation statement on NDEs & cardiac arrest
Post: RE: Pim van Lommel's Essentia Foundation statement...

What happened to Aware II? I thought it had concluded in 2017 but there's nothing published on it..
Posted by letseat in Near-Death Experiences (NDEs) , 2021-07-25, 12:39 PM
 1,737     20
    Thread: How do you think an afterlife would relate to existence at large?
Post: RE: How do you think an afterlife would relate to ...

Campbell talks about it all being a game like simulation, as do many others. I don't see why new 'servers' couldn't be brought online if people still wanted to play the game of life.
Posted by letseat in Spirituality , 2021-07-25, 07:38 AM
 640     9
    Thread: Back to it

Desperado Wrote: (2021-06-22, 04:52 AM) -- Greetings, fellas.  Been two years since I lasted logged on here. The last time being 2019 with a Edward Snowden thread of all things. Yet it's definitel...
Posted by letseat in Member Introductions , 2021-06-25, 01:19 AM
 418     2
    Thread: Dawkins & deGrasse Tyson Discussion

Stan Woolley Wrote: (2021-06-04, 09:47 AM) -- I was going to let some time pass before commenting on the video, but I suspect there won’t be much/any discussion about it until I do comment, even then...
Posted by letseat in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2021-06-07, 09:32 AM
 764     7
    Thread: Thoughts on survival

Maybe this isn't the place for this, but does anyone remember the study where scientists told people that they didn't exist and it made them more depressed?
Posted by letseat in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2021-02-21, 03:33 AM
 1,723     23
    Thread: Mega-Thread: Contrary and Confusing Claims about Parnia, Greyson and more?
Post: RE: Mega-Thread: Contrary and Confusing Claims abo...

Jesus christ Psi, I think its time to step away from the computer for a few days. If you don't like someones posts, just ignore them.
Posted by letseat in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2021-01-16, 11:07 AM
 5,035     74
    Thread: What Magic is This?: Austin Osman Spare

I've been using sigil magick for several years now. If nothing else, I enjoy the feeling of control it gives me over things that otherwise would feel insurmountable. If it actually works? Well, all th...
Posted by letseat in Spirituality , 2021-01-13, 08:52 AM
 335     2