What are you listening to?

394 Replies, 51115 Views

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO8IwPbALK4
The first gulp from the glass of science will make you an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you - Werner Heisenberg. (More at my Blog & Website)
[-] The following 2 users Like Jim_Smith's post:
  • Sciborg_S_Patel, Laird

'Historically, we may regard materialism as a system of dogma set up to combat orthodox dogma...Accordingly we find that, as ancient orthodoxies disintegrate, materialism more and more gives way to scepticism.'

- Bertrand Russell

[-] The following 1 user Likes Sciborg_S_Patel's post:
  • Laird
For no particular reason, I had a dream last night where I was telling someone, "when you're feeling chilled-out at about two in the morning, it would be good to play ... " this:

Jonathan Richman & The Modern Lovers - Roadrunner (Thrice) Live Long Version
[-] The following 1 user Likes Typoz's post:
  • Sciborg_S_Patel

Quote:Helen Mirren: You texted me at 2 O' Clock in the morning - "I feel like I've Fallen." Why do you feel that way?

Kendrick Lamar: Life....
'Historically, we may regard materialism as a system of dogma set up to combat orthodox dogma...Accordingly we find that, as ancient orthodoxies disintegrate, materialism more and more gives way to scepticism.'

- Bertrand Russell

- Bertrand Russell

I was only aware of Dante Bucci through a unique version of 'Carol of the bells'. I noticed just today that he is no longer with us, having passed away in August 2014.

An evening jam session a couple of months prior to that. With real fireflies...
Fireflies
[-] The following 2 users Like Typoz's post:
  • Sciborg_S_Patel, Laird

- Bertrand Russell

I really like those Noosa songs, Sci. My only complaint is that you gave us only two of them! I might have to look her up and find more.

Here's the latest in my "four faves" series, this time featuring The Be Good Tanyas:

Waiting Around To Die

Scattered Leaves

Rain And Snow

Up Against The Wall
(This post was last modified: 2024-06-13, 10:50 AM by Laird. Edited 1 time in total. Edit Reason: Fixed URLs )
[-] The following 2 users Like Laird's post:
  • Typoz, Sciborg_S_Patel
Noticed this group on one of my social-media feeds, sounds good to me

Rising Appalachia - Resilient (LIVE from Preservation Hall)

Rising Appalachia - Just a Closer Walk With Thee (LIVE from Preservation Hall)
[-] The following 2 users Like Typoz's post:
  • Sciborg_S_Patel, Laird
I've always considered the subject of this song, referencing the account in the Book of Ezekiel, to be somewhat UFO-like though I'm no expert on how the text is typically interpreted.

The first version I heard was by Paul Robeson,
Ezekiel Saw De Wheel - Paul Robeson and Lawrence Brown - 1927

A more recent rendition,
Gold City Reunion Feb 2012 - Ezekiel Saw the Wheel
[-] The following 1 user Likes Typoz's post:
  • Laird

• View a Printable Version